Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: (Remarkably) Less than 101 ways to improve bots behavior_Non-hero specific

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sly_Squash View Post
    Your advice for working towards becoming an adequate initiator by practicing on the bots is to wait for the fight to begin and then initiate?
    Do you know what initiation means?
    Oh you got me wrong, I'm not telling you how to play an initiator, I'm telling the "solution" to "solve" the current human initiation crisis with ally bots.
    This way you can minimize your raaaaaaaaaage.
    Never mind.

Quote Originally Posted by gramathy View Post
    I think this is because Tide wants to initiate, but won't ult unless he can hit a minimum number of targets, and blinking in means he doesn't have allies around him so he doesn't try to slow you down either.
    I don't believe this is the case. Tide bot regularly Ravage a single target.
    If you observe ally tide bot with that behavior, it is because his Ravage is on cooldown but it still decides to "feint" its initiation, even in teamfights, causing its death.

---------------------------------------------------

It also seems that the test server bots have problem responding to tower pushes / defends. Well I'll apply that knowledge onto the main post. Check out the new #10.
    The "using spells" before in creep range looks like a bug. Better put it onto the main post as well.
    Last edited by AbsoluteNoob; 02-26-2012 at 01:55 AM.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AbsoluteNoob View Post
    I don't believe this is the case. Tide bot regularly Ravage a single target.
    If you observe ally tide bot with that behavior, it is because his Ravage is on cooldown but it still decides to "feint" its initiation, even in teamfights, causing its death.
    There was a patch a while ago that made Tidehunter no longer cast Ravage on a single target. Mind you however that this limitation acts kinda weird. One would assume that single target = 1 hero, however if that 1 hero were to use Manta Style Tidehunter will instantly cast Ravage, cause there's now 3 targets. Because of that at times it's best not to activate Manta Style against Tidehunter...
    If there is only 1 target, I've never seen him cast ravage, ever.

Basic Member
    I've been playing the "stable" version bots and this new trend with them often pisses me off.
    Bots love to jungle. I guess its their to-do when they don't have anything to do.
    BUT - they jungle during laning phase! Then everybot in my team becomes underfarmed and underleveled.
    Happens around 10+ minute mark.

While I do understand that at this time in an actual game its not so laning phase anymore,
    but no tower has been down yet, but the bots on MY team refuses to lane.
    Yes, it only happens on human + bot team so far. No such issue on all-bots team.
    Added this onto the main post.

I haven't test out the new stuff at the test version yet, will do so shortly.
    (As long I don't rage because I'm lagging so badly at those test servers... grrrr)

Basic Member
    Bump.

Updated with a really annoying bug. I'm going to test out passive and very easy difficulty today.
    Also: I don't want to make a new thread but its still rather important is that...

Can anybody provide me with bots' starting (especially mid) lane priority list? Vengeful bot is not a very good mid.