Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: [Suggestion] Use Hero-Symbols instead of Heroicon's or X's and O's

Basic Member
    Hero Icons = bad. I like the Circles/Squares Idea though, as the Xs seem out of place on the minimap.

Banned
    As you can see in the thread title, it clearly states "instead of heroicons".
    Don't know where you got that idea from.
    I will make a photoshop later.
    However you are right when you say it would be difficult to see on low resolutions. I will look if this is the case.
    Btw with only 7 pixels you would be able to already have a sign for every hero in the game.
    The advantage over just hero colors is that if you learn the signs, it gets instinctive. Your brain goes straight from the sign to the hero, while with Xes and Os, your brain has to take the detour over the hero color, so it's Symbol > herocolor > hero, which is not instinctive.
    Last edited by Typhox; 11-12-2011 at 12:03 AM.

Basic Member
    I don't like the X...
    The Os can show which direction the heros are facing but the X isn't that clear.. can't we just use all Os and differentiate by colors?

Basic Member
    The X's are bad. Hard to catch in your peripheral sight while the O:s are not. All I can say.

Basic Member
    u know its prolly intended like that. your own team is always the O's and enemy team has X's.
    so u can never see which direction the enemy is facing.

it only matters as observer, cuz they prolly want to see both :|

Banned
    How can you be sure it was intended?
    If it was intended, then the Crosses wouldn't rotate, would they?

Perhaps you can provide us with some visuals to clarify your point.

It's hard to argue something that's purely aesthetic when there are no examples.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Mittsies View Post
    Perhaps you can provide us with some visuals to clarify your point.

It's hard to argue something that's purely aesthetic when there are no examples.
    Okay, finally I experimented in Photoshop and came to the conclusion that the size of the minimap icons is too small for that :X
    I thought of this as a compromise between Hero Icons and Only Colors on the map, but it looks like it is not realizable with this setup.
    I'm sorry that I wasted your time.

However, I was able to create a mod that changes the Crosses Do I have an advantage now?^^

Basic Member
    How about something like this, the heroes have icons, that are also the colors they are now. Granted, they could include an options checkbox to turn this on or off.

Basic Member
    I support this idea.Allow a multiple display system whether X's and O's or Hero icons