Thread: Time to nerf Tinker, Icefrog!

Time to nerf Tinker, Icefrog!

Alright, now that the Manila Major is finished, its time to nerf Tinker. To be honest, it was time to nerf Tinker looong time ago and he did get many nerfs (which was reasonable) in the past, but the POS coward hero is still way too op.

Even before Techies was released in Dota 2, Tinker was the most cowardly lame hero in the whole game. Then Techies was released and was the most POS trash hero in the game, that just ruined the whole fun and the complete purpose of Dota, to stay active in the game and move around the map. Now that Techies was heavily nerfed, we again have the situation with the TInker beeing the lamest, cowardliest shit of a hero that singlehandedly destroys all the fun, the whole philosophy of a moba game like Dota.

The current meta is really great, I do like it way more than in the last 2 years. So I give credit where credit is deserved. Many strategies work in the current meta and its not a boring 5-man push at 7-10 mins.

So with the game beeing pretty balanced from the technical aspect, Tinker is the single most annoying, lame and cowardly hero that destroys all the fun in the game.

A non confrontational hero who will just blink into the trees, spam machines and TP away. If you manage to kill 4 enemy heroes, but this trash survives, you cant even take towers most of the time. This 1 POS of a hero just kills your creepwave in 2 seconds and makes it impossible to come close to the tower with the machines spam. Yes you could try to set up traps and ward the cliffs above trees, but most of the time it will be useless and just wasted time.

It also doesnt really help that when you manage to kill this trash, most of the time it will respawn in 25-30 secs, due to the Bloodstone beeing purchased on the hero most of the time.

Lastly, no single other hero in the whole freaking game, can dish out such an imbecile ammount of damage both AOE and single target. How is it not retarded that the hero can deal over 3k single target damage in like 4 seconds with max dagon, Veil and Rockets/Laser? After the fights, when BKBs are on cooldown, he can just kill any hero in 3-4 seconds.

Yes pros rarely pick the hero (if at all), but thats because pros spent freaking 10-15 mins time to actually pick and ban heroes appropriately. And then they all sit in teamspeak and perfectly communicate their ganks etc. YEAH- maybe this way you can actually deal with a Tinker. With 10-15 mins pick+ban phase and perfect communication in the game and actually a really high skill.

I see Tinker players dominate every rank, 6k streamers on Twitch almost singlehandedly keep the whole enemy team busy with their trash POS Tinker pick, while the teammates farm, get pick offs etc. If you dont have perfectly organized ganks with incredibly long stuns/disables, theres not much you can do vs a cowardly play style of this hero. Just blink into trees, spam machines and TP back in like 5 seconds.

Why would you have heroes who take the whole fun out of the game? I mean thankfully they nerfed Techies, but now its really time to do the same for Tinker. The whole philosophy of Dota is to stay active on the map, farm around the map, take towers, etc. This is what basically is completely neutralized by trash heroes like Tinker. Cant go for the tower because the creepwave dies in 3 secs due to machines spam. Cant see the hero, because he blinks every 4 seconds to new positions in the trees.. HOW is that not imbecile?

And no its not a rage post, I actually lost only like 2 games due to this BS, but I keep seeing this shit going on in most of high MMR games.

I mean I dont even care about Slark, Invoker, Lifestealer getting spammed alot right now. You can actually deal with those heroes. Tinker is the single biggest POS that takes the whole fun out of the game right now. To be honest, heroes like Tinker and Techies should have never even existed in Dota. The only purpose of those heroes is to lame. Nothing but lame through cowarldy hero mechanics.
    Last edited by WastedPenguinz; 06-12-2016 at 11:19 AM.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by WastedPenguinz View Post
    Alright, now that the Manila Major is finished, its time to nerf Tinker. To be honest, it was time to nerf Tinker looong time ago and he did get many nerfs (which was reasonable) in the past, but the POS coward hero is still way too op.

Even before Techies was released in Dota 2, Tinker was the most cowardly lame hero in the whole game. Then Techies was released and was the most POS trash hero in the game, that just ruined the whole fun and the complete purpose of Dota, to stay active in the game and move around the map. Now that Techies was heavily nerfed, we again have the situation with the TInker beeing the lamest, cowardliest shit of a hero that singlehandedly destroys all the fun, the whole philosophy of a moba game like Dota.

The current meta is really great, I do like it way more than in the last 2 years. So I give credit where credit is deserved. Many strategies work in the current meta and its not a boring 5-man push at 7-10 mins.

So with the game beeing pretty balanced from the technical aspect, Tinker is the single most annoying, lame and cowardly hero that destroys all the fun in the game.

A non confrontational hero who will just blink into the trees, spam machines and TP away. If you manage to kill 4 enemy heroes, but this trash survives, you cant even take towers most of the time. This 1 POS of a hero just kills your creepwave in 2 seconds and makes it impossible to come close to the tower with the machines spam. Yes you could try to set up traps and ward the cliffs above trees, but most of the time it will be useless and just wasted time.

It also doesnt really help that when you manage to kill this trash, most of the time it will respawn in 25-30 secs, due to the Bloodstone beeing purchased on the hero most of the time.

Lastly, no single other hero in the whole freaking game, can dish out such an imbecile ammount of damage both AOE and single target. How is it not retarded that the hero can deal over 3k single target damage in like 4 seconds with max dagon, Veil and Rockets/Laser? After the fights, when BKBs are on cooldown, he can just kill any hero in 3-4 seconds.

Yes pros rarely pick the hero (if at all), but thats because pros spent freaking 10-15 mins time to actually pick and ban heroes appropriately. And then they all sit in teamspeak and perfectly communicate their ganks etc. YEAH- maybe this way you can actually deal with a Tinker. With 10-15 mins pick+ban phase and perfect communication in the game and actually a really high skill.

I see Tinker players dominate every rank, 6k streamers on Twitch almost singlehandedly keep the whole enemy team busy with their trash POS Tinker pick, while the teammates farm, get pick offs etc. If you dont have perfectly organized ganks with incredibly long stuns/disables, theres not much you can do vs a cowardly play style of this hero. Just blink into trees, spam machines and TP back in like 5 seconds.

Why would you have heroes who take the whole fun out of the game? I mean thankfully they nerfed Techies, but now its really time to do the same for Tinker. The whole philosophy of Dota is to stay active on the map, farm around the map, take towers, etc. This is what basically is completely neutralized by trash heroes like Tinker. Cant go for the tower because the creepwave dies in 3 secs due to machines spam. Cant see the hero, because he blinks every 4 seconds to new positions in the trees.. HOW is that not imbecile?

And no its not a rage post, I actually lost only like 2 games due to this BS, but I keep seeing this shit going on in most of high MMR games.

I mean I dont even care about Slark, Invoker, Lifestealer getting spammed alot right now. You can actually deal with those heroes. Tinker is the single biggest POS that takes the whole fun out of the game right now. To be honest, heroes like Tinker and Techies should have never even existed in Dota. The only purpose of those heroes is to lame. Nothing but lame through cowarldy hero mechanics.
    Nice bait attempt. You are either sub 10 mmr and a LoL player, or trolling. Either way, you are stupid.

Ps. you clearly did not watch ANY of the major

I hope the ban on this clown is permanent. Looking at the previous posts of this kid, its very evident noone needs this kinda useless ppl here.

Basic Member
    slark is much op than tinker. slark can dispell anything in 5 seconds cooldown. can dispel dust, euls scepter. stuns , primal roar.

ok tinker is insane. maybe make a charge system. like 2 tp each 30 sec. would be fun. the push is real.

Basic Member
    Don't ask they nerf Tinker. See what they've done to Techies. Before Techies was the most annoying pick by far, but was pretty decent if you had bad luck and your team mates picked it or random into it. Nowadays, you know you will lose no matter how skilled the Techies is, and the game will last for at least 60 minutes.

I agree Tinker is as annoying as Techies, but don't fool yourself: if they nerf Tinker, people will still pick it or random into it.

man this hero is just aids to play against... scrubs at 2k mmr might not even see this hero picked. But in higher MMR ranges... when someone just spams Tinker all the time, its literally aids to play against. In fights you cant even stay in the area and hit enemy heroes, else you get down to like 20% hp in 4 seconds with all the machines spam.

There is exactly 1 more aids hero left in the hero pool right now and its just this POS TInker.

Its sad when most of Valves developers who play dota are prolly 2k players and never run across Tinker spammers... and thus they prolly cant even judge how retarded and annoying that hero ist. this is the SINGLE most lame and retarded hero that existed from beginning until now in Dota. Even Techies got nerfed to not be such an AIDS of a hero to play against, yet tinker is still here to this day, destroying any fun available in this game...

Ever heard about heroes that counter tinker? Or about ganking his mid early on and warding his jungle so you can gank him when he's farming it?