Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Allow selling items while dead. Gold is held until after respawn.

Allow selling items while dead. Gold is held until after respawn.

How many times have you accidentally bought the wrong item after you died and then got stuck with it?

I'm surprised this hasn't been added yet, but we should be able to sell things while dead.
    The gold won't be given until after we respawn to prevent buyback abuse.
    It can go into a separate gold pool that can be used to buy items but not be spent on buyback.

For obvious reasons, the 100% sell-back grace period on items ends when you die.
    Otherwise you can buy an item right before you die, then sell it, to prevent from losing money.

---

UPDATE December 3rd: Since this thread has been up for ages, and there's STILL confusion. Let me clarify with 2 bold examples.

Example 1: You buy an item RIGHT BEFORE you die, and it's the wrong item. You're stuck with it now unless you sell for 50% when you revive.
    My suggestion does not allow you to sell the item back, because otherwise you could abuse the system and never lose money.
    So in otherwords: TOO BAD.
    Example 2: You buy an item WHILE DEAD, and it's the wrong item. You're stuck with it now unless you sell for 50% when you revive.
    My suggestion allows you to sell it back for full price. You get the money when you revive.
    There's no way to abuse this, it's just a way to fix a simple mistake.
    ---

It's a matter of convenience, and the only possibly reason they would not add this feature is because they are being lazy.
    This has been suggested SEVERAL TIMES over the last few months and still not added. This is an essential feature, so I'm bringing attention to it.
    We recently got selling from stash, so why didn't we get selling while dead?

http://dev.dota2.com/showthread.php?t=23264 - Similar thread, but it's filled with arguing about "whether or not you could abuse the buyback system".
    With my suggestion, gold not being given until after respawn, there's nothing to argue about.

http://dev.dota2.com/showthread.php?t=3341 - Four threads about wanting to sell items, but have virtually no responses.
    http://dev.dota2.com/showthread.php?t=9768
    http://dev.dota2.com/showthread.php?t=12584
    http://dev.dota2.com/showthread.php?t=20468
    Last edited by Mittsies; 12-03-2012 at 06:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by CvP View Post
    retards don't count as people.

Basic Member
    I heartily agree with this- I like the ability to rearrange by inventory while I'm dead, but the inability to sell items to make room makes it very difficult. You should be able to sell items while dead, but this gold cannot be used for buybacks (but can for item purchases). I'll often be in situations where I died, but am 200 short of my next item with a full inventory, and I'll have to wait until I revive to sell that item, then purchase the new one- and if the enemy team is pushing and I'm soon going to revive, that could slow me down for a few seconds

+1

Basic Member
    +1

Banned
    So that when I know I will die I can just quickly buy shit before I die and therefore not lose any money on death. Then I'll just simply sell everything within 15 secs when death and there you go, I just succesfully abused your suggestion.

Therefore -1
    Last edited by Timbonator; 02-25-2012 at 09:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Timbonator View Post
    So that when I know I will die I can just quickly buy shit before I die and therefore not lose any money on death. Then I'll just simply sell everything within 15 secs when death and there you go, I just succesfully abused your suggestion.

Therefore -1
    Then disable selling items from the stash. There you go, you have successfully bought 2 blink daggers on spectre.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lonjaxson View Post
    Then disable selling items from the stash. There you go, you have successfully bought 2 blink daggers on spectre.
    Or how about just make the refund period on any items owned by you end the moment you die?
    Seems simple enough.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by lonjaxson View Post
    Could you please look at op's suggestion again? He is referring to buying items when death, which makes them come in your stash. In addition if your at sideshop the items come in your inventory aswell.

Basic Member
    I like this suggestion, with a little addition to of:
    "Refund Period ends when your hero dies" to prevent buying random items before you die and then reselling them immediately after to prevent gold loss.

Unless I overlooked something, this prevents all forms of abuse while making things a lot more convenient. It's such a pain when you misclick and purchase the wrong item while dead and are unable to refund it.

I find it funny that in the original DotA, you could never get full refund when accidentally buying the wrong item, and in DotA 2, if you get full refund most of the time, people will complain that it's not all of the time (like when you're dead).

Quote Originally Posted by Timbonator View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Steric View Post
    I like this suggestion, with a little addition to of:
    "Refund Period ends when your hero dies" to prevent buying random items before you die and then reselling them immediately after to prevent gold loss.
    Updated the original post.

Quote Originally Posted by CvP View Post
    retards don't count as people.