Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Replace humans by bots when they leave the running game.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MajinCilos View Post
    No. Leavers make the game a loss.
    I find it funny that Valve won't implement a forfiet, but bots in 5v5 are fine.
    Why should I lose a game because one of my team mates abandons? This is not a clan war where we're all in this together.

1. Give the leaver a loss + punishment.
    2. Replace the leaver with a human player if possible, if not, with a bot.

Basic Member
    How should the bot level (easy, normal, hard, etc.) be determined?

Quote Originally Posted by oblio View Post
    Why should I lose a game because one of my team mates abandons? This is not a clan war where we're all in this together.

1. Give the leaver a loss + punishment.
    2. Replace the leaver with a human player if possible, if not, with a bot.
    Hey, if you can beat the 5 with 4 players, so be it.

Basic Member
    In some cases its doable. Especially if the leaver was what we call "a negative player" who only fed and didint contribute anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Paykoman View Post
    How should the bot level (easy, normal, hard, etc.) be determined?
    I suppose this would be the biggest problem with implementing this sort of feature because obviously skill ranges matter in this game a lot.

It really all depends on what kind of stats the game collects of it's human players and adjusts the bot skill level accordingly. For instance, if it collected and averaged how often the player in the current game do cetain actions (lasthits, denies, wards, ping, couriers, teleports, etc...) in all their other games, they could theoretically determine the team's average skill level and tweak the replacement bot to be within the current skill range of players on that team.

Another obvious one would be to go off of all the players matched in the current MM or Party and put the bot's skill level at that of the rest of the players in the match.

Just in one day, I played 5 ai games, and in every one there were at least 2 players with less than 40 games, and these same players often had comments like: "I don't want to play HoN/LoL anymore".

It would seem that people learning DotA 2 just want to play against AI and not have the responsibility of mucking up a real game. In fact, I bet there are a ton of people that don't even want to play against real people - for many reasons. Penalizing leavers in an ai game would serve no purpose, and would only scare away new/interested players.

Basic Member
    +1 for bot replacement.

but add a vote where the rest of the team decides if they want the bot replacement or playing with one less.

Basic Member
    let implement forfeit feature so cowards can just abandon the game after 15min being ganked left and right without even buying a ward.

There have been soooooo many times when i ended up with stupid teammate who pick 4 carries got ganked 0-15 and i support/ward/command them through the whole game then ended up won back when they were fat enough. Should such feature be implemented my team would surely loose all hope, wait to concede and my win would be a loss.

You can't punish people for leaving bot games, It's BOTS, leave a game and join a new one. I'm a very busy person, and i enjoy playing bots, because whenever I have to get up and do something that comes out of the blue, I'm able to apologize to my team, and leave the game without a penalty. If we start getting in trouble for leaving bot games that would be stupid, I understand pub 5v5 matches, but come on, bots?

Basic Member
    I think that this could cause major problems.

Imagine all the flaming as four people on a team turn on the fifth, doing everything they can to get him to leave so that he will be replaced by a much more skilled AI bot. I would hate to have my team turn against me, trying to get me to leave, every time I had a bad start to a game.

This would be mitigated if the bots were next to useless (like in L4D2), but in that case why have a bot at all?