Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: [Fixed] eul's tornado cant be dispelled

[Fixed] eul's tornado cant be dispelled

Summary:
    You cant dispell eul's scepeter tornado with diffusal blade's purge

Repro Steps:
    buy eul, buy diffusal, use eul on enemy creep, try to use diffusal on that creep

Result:
    You cant use diffusal on that creep

Expected Result:
    You can use diffusal on that creep and tornado is purged. Thats how it works in dota 1.

If you dont try it in dota 1 dont even say something like "in dota 1 it works the same way".

details here

http://www.playdota.com/forums/showthread.php?t=406048

i haven't tested it yet, but according to that he is correct, where is that over 9000 quoted post?

Anyone who played WC3 ladder can tell you how ridiculously overpowered (well, MORE ridiculously overpowered) Night Elf would be in the NE/Orc matchup if you couldn't purge cyclone.

So yeah it obviously works in DotA and should be fixed in 2.

Quote Originally Posted by chukky-jr View Post
    where is that over 9000 quoted post?
    TADAA
    Please, just call me buny.

Shadow Demon's Demonic Purge

I'm surprised nobody has created a thread about this, or at least I haven't found any threads on it yet.

Currently, you are unable to cast Demonic Purge on units affected by Eul's Scepter (Cyclone Stick). I already double checked in DotA, that you could Demonic Purge a cycloned unit, it is a valid strat and I did it all the time. (Though I tried with 6.71 AI version, I'm pretty sure it hasn't been changed since though, I would remember). Anyways, I tried this on Dota2 while playing earlier, and tested it later on a practice server, and it just says No Target. Pretty sure I'm right, but if anyone else wants to confirm go ahead.

Hard to test since finding server on Test Clients takes forever (2 hours+ and gave up).

Quote Originally Posted by BenSkysong View Post
    Hard to test since finding server on Test Clients takes forever (2 hours+ and gave up).
    ?

Shadow Demon is in the stable client as of 6 hours ago...

Quote Originally Posted by poochop View Post
    Currently, you are unable to cast Demonic Purge on units affected by Eul's Scepter (Cyclone Stick). I already double checked in DotA, that you could Demonic Purge a cycloned unit, it is a valid strat and I did it all the time. (Though I tried with 6.71 AI version, I'm pretty sure it hasn't been changed since though, I would remember). Anyways, I tried this on Dota2 while playing earlier, and tested it later on a practice server, and it just says No Target. Pretty sure I'm right, but if anyone else wants to confirm go ahead.
    You are right, though this has been reported before, albeit for diffusal's purge which also should be able to remove cyclone.

Merged threads to include demonic purge.
    Always read and follow the forum rules. If you need help from a moderator, use the report button ()
    Before posting new bugs:
    -Check the Known Bugs List and search the forum for an existing report.
    -Make sure its a bug (test in WC3 Dota, visit playdota guides and adv. mech, etc). If you're still not sure, post in Mechanics and Gameplay Bug Brainstorming instead.
    -Read the Bug Posting Guidelines on how to report a bug properly.

Quote Originally Posted by DLRevan View Post
    You are right, though this has been reported before, albeit for diffusal's purge which also should be able to remove cyclone.

Merged threads to include demonic purge.
    Gracias

The Cyclone isn't even something selectable/targetable on Dota 2. I think they can begin fixing from there...