Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: [suggestion] Burnable Trees?

[suggestion] Burnable Trees?

While I was playing the Dota test client I think I saw a AoE ability that knocked the leafs off a tree. It got me thinking and thought that maybe the trees should be burnable with fire abilities? Just have them burn off the leafs and keep the base tree there so it wouldn't affect gameplay.

Just a little suggestion
    Last edited by FuzzyPenguin; 02-28-2012 at 12:34 PM.

Basic Member
    Purely as an aesthetic, giving them a burning animation when hit by fire aoe or near fire attacks (that doesn't cut them down) for a few seconds, would be a decent touch.

it would be a nice aesthetic to the map for the radiant side. assuming the ability doesnt knock down trees already like one of batriders abilities.

Yea, that's what I was thinking. Also I realized that the fire duration would probably have to be short because if it was long then it may affect gameplay then. (You'll know that a fire hero was here before when you see trees burning)

I'd say a few seconds and have the flame effects small so it doesn't disrupt any view.

Basic Member
    +1

Basic Member
    Cool Idea, I like it as long as it does not destroy the trees. And they should probably "regrow" their leaves after a little bit.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by FuzzyPenguin View Post
    Yea, that's what I was thinking. Also I realized that the fire duration would probably have to be short because if it was long then it may affect gameplay then. (You'll know that a fire hero was here before when you see trees burning)

I'd say a few seconds and have the flame effects small so it doesn't disrupt any view.
    so when you play with lina...you have perfect visoon for a few seconnds every time you attack?

this is STuPID

Quote Originally Posted by EpicNameFTW View Post
    so when you play with lina...you have perfect visoon for a few seconnds every time you attack?

this is STuPID
    Huh? It just removes the leafs. It's for looks only, the tree is STILL there just no leaves.

I'm going to go check the Dota test client again but I'm pretty sure Svens stun knocks down the trees leaves. If this is the case, it would be the same effect pretty much except the leafs will be burning off.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyphron View Post
    Cool Idea, I like it as long as it does not destroy the trees. And they should probably "regrow" their leafs after a little bit.
    I think the leafs may regrow after the amount of time it takes for trees to be replaced. (I think its 5 min?) So it'd work the same way. I'll go check though.

EDIT: Ok, I went to test it out and I guess it was another ability that did that or I was just seeing things. Can anyone confirm that the leafs are able to be destroyed off of trees? I could of sworn I saw it happen.

Well.. it seems like the leaf thing wasn't true after all when I did some more testing. God I feel so stupid. Wasn't sure how I saw that. I guess change the topic to adding both in? Not sure lol.
    Last edited by FuzzyPenguin; 02-28-2012 at 12:33 PM.

Basic Member
    SB's charge is what makes leaves fall off trees.

Why not just use the WC3-footprint logic; the flame effect visible to you only if the hero who caused it was visible to you. If the other hero was invisible, or in fog, you won't see the trees burning- just nearby them when they're on your screen.

Basic Member
    Doesn't Batrider already have a burning trees effect going on?