Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Thread: Valve overdoing way too many puns/jokes in hero dialogue?

VENOM VENOM VENOM VENOM VENOM
    toxic
    VENOM

I have to agree with OP though im almost fine with it.
    Last edited by SoJa; 05-09-2012 at 05:31 AM.

I personally love the hero dialogue.

Basic Member
    why doesnt venomancer have a line that says 'i talk sick'

Quote Originally Posted by vladhood View Post
    why doesnt venomancer have a line that says 'i talk sick'
    More importantly, why does he have a line that says "impaled"?

Banned
    Many people seem to be misunderstanding what's going on in this thread.

Jokes and puns are actually amazing, and that's a fact also since they're made by Valve

The thing being discussed here is about THERE ARE TOO MANY. There's too much humour in-game, people arguing about it (like me and OP for instance) just want it to be a little more serious. OFC we love that stuff, OFC we love some sense of humour, jokes and sarcasm, OFC we love the way Valve gives personality to all their characters, that's one of the main things that make Valve so awesome at, but not "24/7". Getting it now?

Basic Member
    I like how most people simply jump on the bandwagon. "They are saying op is a stupid. They are saying silly puns are nice. Yeah, yeah, I'm with them, fuck you op, you are stupid, I love those really STUPID puns."
    Last edited by OrangeSky; 05-09-2012 at 09:28 AM.

This is hardly a dark game by design. Valve does this since, as serious and edgy as you make a game appear, fact of the matter is that online play often becomes pure silliness. That, and it helps distinguish characters when you have such a big cast to flesh out.

You can't call Dota 1 darker in that regard, either. Everything that ever was in that game was a simple byproduct of Warcraft III, a game that -- at the end of the day -- didn't take itself entirely seriously.

(A difference in opinion is not a bandwagon~)
    Last edited by Frump; 05-10-2012 at 07:51 AM.

More good than bad.
    It is kinda understandable when a hero, that was all his life mastering fire is so much concentrated on it.
    It is too noticeable only at some points. For instance the "I'll save it for next season" line when ench bottles a rune. Kind of forced pun. But hey, I can't come up with a better one.
    Most of this stuff really enhances the uniqueness of heroes and overall VA quality.

Basic Member
    no its not to much ITS AWESOME

Basic Member
    A lot of the puns work well enough for me, especially if I compare them to the competition, though it also helps that most heroes have about 10 minutes worth of voice acting so you don't nearly hear the same lines as often as in other games of this genre.

My personal favorite lines are the ones that seem COMPLETELY out of place in a fantasy setting. I laughed for a good minute after I got a kill as Razor and he said "Zapped yo ass!". Another great example would be Necrolytes "You're a dirty bitch, Omniknight"