Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Valve overdoing way too many puns/jokes in hero dialogue?

I like all of them, honestly.

The only lines that fall flat for me are Sniper's constant TF2 references, although I imagine that's partly due to how little voicework he has overall compared to the newer heroes.

Basic Member
    I think most of them are fine. I find a few lines to be irksome, but that's one or two lines in a few heroes.

Still, I do find Tiny's gruff(?) voice and his endless rock puns to be a little *Puts on sunglasses* grinding.

Basic Member
    I also like the puns, really. Some of them are really clever. Of course, you can't make every line a gem.

But, I would like Bane to make references to 'breaking the bat' to Batrider.

I love all the puns. And no, I don't think Valve overdid that.

Everything you said is purely subjective. I always turn game sounds off so I can hear my songs. Dota 2 with its puns is yet the only game that makes me wanting to stop listening to songs, the quality of the voice-acting and lines is so damn high. It's funny, I don't care if it's a brutal gory war, as long as it's fun and entertaining I'll enjoy it. And that's what those puns are, fun and entertaining.

Still, if you are not satisfied, you can always turn units speech off. :P

Basic Member
    i love this jokes if you dont you can turn them off... so where is the problem ?

Basic Member
    Jesus Christ you need to get over your OCD

Basic Member

i love those "pun"

Basic Member
    seriously haven't come across one voice set i dislike yet. all the puns are great. there are some that are so subtle you'll hardly catch them. it's awesome and gives the characters charm.

Aaaaaactually, he has a point. For at least a few heroes. Silencer and QoP, namely. Those get very annoying.

my god,you seriously having problem of listening to voice. if you dont like it, just mute your sound and play in absolute silence. your suggestion is ridiculous.look at all the post here.all rejecting your idea cz most of the players love the sound/voice acting in the game.rip