Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Valve overdoing way too many puns/jokes in hero dialogue?

Basic Member
    shake it and take it
    It was your own damn fault

Basic Member
    I would like it if the heroes had characteristics other than the one displayed by their name that can be reflected by their lines. Earthshaker being lazy for example. Anything can work really. It is cool that bh has lines about bounty and greed, but it would make him more real if he had other properties unrelated to his skills.

Banned
    all you fanboys will see that sooner or later these puns will get old and listening to the same hero say these cheezy speeches over and over again over the years will get soooo annoying.
    just sayin, gotta think in the long run

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by okrane View Post
    all you fanboys will see that sooner or later these puns will get old and listening to the same hero say these cheezy speeches over and over again over the years will get soooo annoying.
    The sounds could use some improvement, but you are definitely exaggerating. I personally will never get annoyed or bored from storm saying "who is that handsome devil" everytime he uses remnant.

Haters gonna hate.

Quote Originally Posted by okrane View Post
    Listening to the same anything will get old in the long run. Even listening to the voice acting in the various WH40K games gets old after a while even though the acting in all of those games is filled with ham stacking upon ham piled up next to glorious ham.

Basic Member
    Listening to the same anything gets boring after a while. For those who get annoyed by that, these responses can be turned off.

I only ever turned them off for Bristleback in dota 1, because man those snorting sounds got old fast. But the rest I always kept on.

Some lines in this game are really funny and make me chuckle whenever I hear them, Doom saying "Handsome devil arent I" and Juggernaut saying "I'm the Juggernaut, bitch". I think the cheesy puns are part of the heritage of Dota.

I like all new sounds. ... but I somehow miss Akashas old sound set

I don't find hero dialogues in-game annoying, in fact, I hope they will complete all the hero's dialogue when we click on them on the Learn Tab.
    However, Tiny could use more dialogue as currently he just wants to go to the quarry badly =/

P.S.: I like Rogue Knight's Learn Tab dialogue. "It's Rogue Knight, not Rouge Knight. Dammit!".

"Listening to the same things over and over make them boring and irritating" aside, I find most heroes to be just fine. The puns were expected, when you can tailor each heroes voice over to fit the theme exactly. This stuff gives them character, and there's very few other ways to give them that when we don't have a singleplayer storymode or something like that.

But i did say 'most'. I must admit i find QoP's voice over, and maybe tiny's, to be a bit too much pun-laden.

But here's another thing. While I disagree with changing the current voice overs just to remove puns, it doesn't mean future heroes need so many either, especially the ones with not so heavy themes like magnataur.
    Always read and follow the forum rules. If you need help from a moderator, use the report button ()
    Before posting new bugs:
    -Check the Known Bugs List and search the forum for an existing report.
    -Make sure its a bug (test in WC3 Dota, visit playdota guides and adv. mech, etc). If you're still not sure, post in Mechanics and Gameplay Bug Brainstorming instead.
    -Read the Bug Posting Guidelines on how to report a bug properly.

Basic Member
    The only annoying thing is the main post, not the hero voices.