Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Anti-Mage and Necrolyte sound exactly the same.

Basic Member

Anti-Mage and Necrolyte sound exactly the same.

AM: http://www.dota2wiki.com/wiki/Anti-Mage_responses

Necrolyte: http://www.dota2wiki.com/wiki/Necrolyte_responses

They've done a good job with most of the heroes sounding distinct, but these two heroes pretty much have exactly the same voice. Is there some way that Valve could re-record one of them?

Or give Necrolyte some filters.
    Please, just call me buny.

Basic Member
    I can see what you mean. I think AM should sound a bit more nasally since hes more uppity about his opinions. Necrolyte's calm grandeur works really well for him I think.

Wow. It DOES really sound familiar. Maybe distort Necro's voice just a little bit. Just a little, not too much and it'll be good to go.

you just noticed this now? lina/windrunner/puck also sound exactly the same, just like huskar/skeleton king and ursa/spirit breaker

there's no difference at all, same voice

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordz View Post
    you just noticed this now? lina/windrunner/puck also sound exactly the same, just like huskar/skeleton king and ursa/spirit breaker

there's no difference at all, same voice
    Huskar/Skeleton King I can see, but I don't think Lina at all sounds like Windrunner or Puck. Nor do I think Ursa and Spirit Breaker sound that alike.

I'm fine with characters sounding similar, it's just that these two seem to literally have the same voice. I know that they have the same voice actor and all, but it's like he voicing the same character with different phrases. As was suggested earlier, I feel one of them (Necrolyte would be the obvious choice) would benefit greatly by some type of added filtering effect to the voice.

They dont have many voice actors to cover each and every hero uniquely. So it was expected that they sound similar at one point or another.
    My Dota 2 workshop AceMcShanks

Over 100 Heroes ya say?
    AAAh, 10 Voicers will do this!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ttempest View Post
    Duh... its the IceFrog dude. Kinda like Chuck Norris just in Dota.

Basic Member
    huskar and skeleton king really do sound exactly the same... The rest are ok.

Quote Originally Posted by Xelfire View Post
    huskar and skeleton king really do sound exactly the same... The rest are ok.
    for some reason it doesnt bother me, maybe because they should sounds the same, they're both pretty manly. the other heroes (Venomancer, Faceless Void) Dave Fennoy voiced sounds different.
    Sam A. Mowry has done a lot of voice acting (6 heroes and shopkeeper) as well, but antimage and necrolyte sounds way too familliar, i think some filters on necrolyte would do the work (remember how they changed enigmas voice?).