Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Pseudo Random Distribution

Yeah I remember seeing that data before. Assuming it's accurate, something is very wrong. Even assuming there's a bug specific to level 4 Slardar bash, a 60 miss streak is insane. 34 miss streak with an ability that is proccing at about 20% is also way off.

Essence Aura + OD interaction

I believe OD's proc rate on Essence Aura is lower than 40%, but it can;t be confirmed because all I can measure is observed proc rate. At 1500 mana, I have been able to go for 15 proc-less streaks, more than once in a game. I've seen it happen twice, ever since the Feb. 26 patch. At 40% proc-rate the odds of this happening are well under 0.01%, so something might be up. After 1300 mana, you should theoretically never run out except in extreme cases. I'll keep testing it, though.

Repro:
    Rank 1-4 Arcane Orb
    Rank 4 Essence Aura
    Get at least 1000 mana, 1400 preferred.
    Try to run out of mana. You shouldn't, but I have been able to.

Basic Member
    I've had the exact opposite for OD, but the aura doesn't work for everyone else in all the games I've played. OD can stay above 80% mana in all the games I've played with no problem, but playing as Drow Ranger with cold arrows on autocast my mana drains with no regeneration from the aura.

and to say with your repro, at level 4 it's a 40% chance to regen 25% of your mana. so 2/5 shots would regenerate your mana which if math were perfect you could survive on 500-700 mana.

Hmmmm, interesting. Anyway, 1000 is the "Magic number" for his mana. You're going to proc 4 times on 10 shots in theory, so those 4 shots had better cover for all 10 you take, which means each proc needs to return 250 mana, which is 1000 base mana, which you almost get for having level 4 aura anyway. Anyway, I'll keep an eye on this one.
    Last edited by Yasuhiko; 03-05-2012 at 07:35 PM.

RNG is broken, it works way too much or way too less. In the end you'll have the expected proc but it'll be like proc a lot or proc-o-never.

Quote Originally Posted by Spr09 View Post
    I've had the exact opposite for OD, but the aura doesn't work for everyone else in all the games I've played. OD can stay above 80% mana in all the games I've played with no problem, but playing as Drow Ranger with cold arrows on autocast my mana drains with no regeneration from the aura.
    Essence aura does not proc on frost arrows, regardless if its manually casted or on auto. The only auto-castable orb that will proc it is OD's own arcane orb.

Merged with PRD thread.
    Always read and follow the forum rules. If you need help from a moderator, use the report button ()
    Before posting new bugs:
    -Check the Known Bugs List and search the forum for an existing report.
    -Make sure its a bug (test in WC3 Dota, visit playdota guides and adv. mech, etc). If you're still not sure, post in Mechanics and Gameplay Bug Brainstorming instead.
    -Read the Bug Posting Guidelines on how to report a bug properly.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Diabolic View Post
    RNG is broken, it works way too much or way too less. In the end you'll have the expected proc but it'll be like proc a lot or proc-o-never.
    Remember, in DotA 2, when it rains it pours.

Basic Member
    I made a post about it a while ago, but it seems that we won't be getting an answer from the devs about advanced machanics anytime soon...

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Spr09 View Post

and to say with your repro, at level 4 it's a 40% chance to regen 25% of your mana. so 2/5 shots would regenerate your mana which if math were perfect you could survive on 500-700 mana.
    It's not that easy. With OD you have the problem that it might also proc without any effect (when your mana is already full for example). So statistically, you will never get 25% mana per proc, but much less.
    That means that you can get a 60 proc-lucky streak without noticing it, but if you're unlucky already only 10 times, you will get into serious trouble.

Basic Member
    I will try and compile some of the data from my SD games, but I have seen razor, spectre, or ursa in almost every SD game I've played (either in my pool, the enemy pool or my team's). I know when its 3 heros and 10 chances, it isn't that unlikely, but I'm tired of drafting razor every single game. I'd say that I got razor at least 25% of the time I played SD.