Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: [Suggestion] Ping on Runes

Basic Member
    I may be misunderstanding what the OP is describing as well, but what I am visualizing gets a -1 from me. If 5 people can ping the map to check for rune presence/type, guess what we're going to get? A whole lotta meaningless pinging on the rivers due to people being too lazy to actually look.

I'm not disagreeing with the idea of a ping icon/message or other indicator of what sort of rune you are spotting, but the implementation of letting someone use the minimap ping to get there is likely to result in ping-spammage.

Basic Member
    Unless I'm misunderstanding it, I believe the OP simply wants to make a ping for the runes, displaying a message to your team what the rune is (though I wouldn't necessarily give its location in text, as the ping itself should be enough), by actually pinging on the rune itself - not the minimap.

Right?

Either way, there are people that will see this as a useful feature, just as there are those that will see it degrading team communication through typing/voice. I personally see it as an ease of access tool, but I don't necessarily think it's really needed. Never had a problem pinging the rune the letting my team know what it is.

I think a different sound would be good, text... I don't want it but it's good too . It'll basically save you 2 seconds from typing "dd top" or something like that. As long as it isn't making the game too easy ;].

Basic Member
    Better for Pubs, no diference on competitive. +1

Some ppl are missunderstanding, you have to ping the rune aka have vision of it.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Redking View Post
    How did this work in Dota 1? People would probably want to keep it the same...
    people should then just stick to wc3 dota.

Basic Member
    Basically, if an ally pings a rune, it tell everyone on the team what rune it is. Naturally, that ally need vision of the rune to do so. Pinging the rune spot on the map will not do anything, you must ping the rune while it's on your screen and visible.

I suppose this suggestion wouldn't hurt. We can already ping the rune spots to alert our allies where the rune is though. The only thing I don't want is ping spam.
    Last edited by KScorp; 03-15-2012 at 10:16 PM.

Basic Member
    I like this idea. As others have tried to explain to those too thick to understand, the ping alert would only occur if you actually had vision of it, so it doesn't break anything.

Basic Member
    Not needed.
    CPU: Intel i7 2630QM
    GPU: nVidia GeForce GT 525M ( 1GB )
    RAM: 6 GB DDR3 @ 1333 MHz

+1. It's a good idea. People will still have to ping to get their teammates attention but instead of typing "dd bot" or something like that, this command would do it for yourself. I think it's a great idea.

+1111111111 very very useful idea