Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Kill counter resets to 0 after 64 kills

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Charles Stover View Post
    This is most likely the case. While it's true that there is no such thing as a "bigger byte," to save RAM, they are probably storing multiple integers per byte by using bitwise functionality.
    Yes. But actually I don't see why you need to do that for the amount of kills? I mean, it won't be transmitted too often, and 1 bit of RAM more or less is usually not that much. Especially since there is probably only one K/D at the same time...

Quote Originally Posted by Typhox View Post
    Yes. But actually I don't see why you need to do that for the amount of kills? I mean, it won't be transmitted too often, and 1 bit of RAM more or less is usually not that much. Especially since there is probably only one K/D at the same time...
    It wouldn't be one bit more of RAM. Probably one byte, depending on how many times it is stored.
    I really don't know without seeing the code. It is probably not something they did specifically for the kill count, but an underlying feature of the engine. They merely set the maximum value of the kill count to 64, not anticipating a greater amount. If so, it should be an easy fix.