Thread: "HP-Removal" replaced by "Pure"

"HP-Removal" replaced by "Pure"

So Valve has just released it's new tooltip by adding abilities, affects, and damage. Personally I think it's another great polish. But under "damage", HP-removal is listed as Pure instead.

Personally, I think this is a big mistake because it is giving false information. Thinking that Necrolye's aura now does "pure" damage is a big throw-off because it would imply that the aura will disable blink dagger, dispel restorative items, etc., which it shouldn't.

Although HP-removal does deal damage like pure, it should be better to have it's own category of damage so it does not create that sense of false information.
    Last edited by AzianStrider; 03-01-2012 at 07:47 PM.

Basic Member
    According to the PD guide on damage types here Heartstopper Aura is considered pure damage.
    Last edited by shaoqi; 03-01-2012 at 09:06 PM.

Basic Member
    Should be fixed, there are a lot of differences between pure and HP removal. For one thing, HP removal works on all units, even invulnerable and magic immune units. And, although I'm not completely sure of this, I don't think HP removal triggers any effect that triggers on damage. This includes cancelling salves, triggering cold snap, disabling blink dagger and heart, urn of shadow heal, etc.

Basic Member
    that guide is outdated. Here is the new one and according to it nightmare dmg type is hp removal (only the killing blow is dealt with magic dmg as otherwise it would be suicide)