Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: "Reconnect" should not be so close to "Leave Game"

Basic Member

"Reconnect" should not be so close to "Leave Game"

Was playing a match today where I had to leave and return to dota to fix a lag issue.

I noticed that the "Reconnect" button is right on top of "Leave Game", and they're both grey.

It's really easy to misclick and leave the game by accident, putting you into the abandonment pool and ruining an entire day for you.

I suggest putting these buttons on different parts of the screen, with Leave Game having a red color similar to Decline, and Reconnect with a green color.

Thanks.

Banned
    This is ridiculous. Its not easy to misclick at all - just make sure your eyes are open when you do it - stop complaining about the dumbest things.

No, it's quite the clear design flaw. If your mouse jitters a bit you'll end up pressing leave game.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by theringisMINE View Post
    This is ridiculous. Its not easy to misclick at all - just make sure your eyes are open when you do it - stop complaining about the dumbest things.
    If this were the case, then there wouldn't be a sell option for 10 seconds in Dota 2. This corrects misclicks. Stop being negative and start leaving polite feedback. I see what he is talking about, but haven't had trouble since I haven't had to reconnect yet.

Banned
    There's no need to defend a stupid OP. Users need to accept a little responsibility. The buyback for items is understandable as they all have new icons from dota1/hon/lol and the shop layout is different. We do not need big red/green letters and warnings that say , "are you absolutely sure you want to leave the game when you clicked 'leave game'?". As I said, it's stupid.

Basic Member
    No. It happened to me and I've seen it happen to other players many times. the leave game is TOO close to the reconnect button, period. I don't know what you're trying to defend, there's PLENTY of space to separate the buttons, quit posting useless crap.

Basic design flaw (along with the "leave match you currently spectate" button which if you press twice you will manage to close the game (because you will get to press the Exit button from main menu). To be fixed ASAP (which it's also esay to do - just changing the position of 2 buttons)

Basic Member
    There should be a modal dialogue for leaving/abandoning a game, problem solved.
    Make sure to read the Forum Rules as well as the stickied Threads of the Forum Section you are posting in.

Contributions i'd like to highlight:
    My Suggestion: Coaching System
    My Sticky: Intended Changes List
    My Challenge: Completely Fixed Hero Challenge: Skywrath Mage

Basic Member
    We do not need big red/green letters and warnings that say , "are you absolutely sure you want to leave the game when you clicked 'leave game'?". As I said, it's stupid.
    yes you want to leave the game asap without wasting 3s of your life while you are against a concede/ff option i guess.

This is a good observation/suggestion. Even if only a few people misclick, it's still a few too many