Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Thread: [Confirmed] VS, DS or Batrider moving heroes into inescapable places

Basic Member
    In dota 1, Rubick can't use Telekinesis to throw anybody to the unreachable areas.

http://www.playdota.com/changelogs/6.72c

"Fixed a couple of areas that you could still get stuck in with Telekinesis"

but in Dota 2 you can and I think it must be fixed.

Basic Member
    How can you guys say that it adds more depth to the game?
    Its a skill who can disable a hero for more or less one minute, or at least put the enemy melee carry on a cliff so you can win the teamfight.
    It doesnt add more depth to the game if it has no counter (OK, lets never contest/do Roshan because the enemy team has a dark seer or lets all carry tps so we all can teleport away while their Morph/Drow kill us) its just cheap and that why people like it.

Ps: Dota isnt a game about throwing people on a cliff, its a game about destroying enemy base. Please dont make this a metagame.

Quote Originally Posted by Maj3stade View Post
    How can you guys say that it adds more depth to the game?
    Its a skill who can disable a hero for more or less one minute, or at least put the enemy melee carry on a cliff so you can win the teamfight.
    It doesnt add more depth to the game if it has no counter (OK, lets never contest/do Roshan because the enemy team has a dark seer or lets all carry tps so we all can teleport away while their Morph/Drow kill us) its just cheap and that why people like it.

Ps: Dota isnt a game about throwing people on a cliff, its a game about destroying enemy base. Please dont make this a metagame.
    QFT

a simple fix would to allow downhill movements while as uphill would be restricted. retains some of the skills ability for ds.

This is potentially gamebreaking, unless you can only move downhill while stuck (when the game cannot detect any path out of a cliff)

Its fine as it is,you should expect this when playing against a Seer ,have blink,force,tp scroll or a mobility ability,really not that hard to counter.Only issue is if this happens late game somehow,and he manages to use his wall as well,then i guess....you're kinda screwed man.

4 words. part of the game

Basic Member
    Those position-changing skills are not working as they did in Dota1. More important, they were disabled in Dota1 for balance reasons, which shows that Icefrog thinks it should not work like that. Valve could change this already, it was even used on TI2 for some lame lvl 1 trapping in the ward spot. It may be fun, but it is not interesting or strategical, it's just an advantage.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Maj3stade View Post
    Dota isnt a game about throwing people on a cliff, its a game about destroying enemy base. Please dont make this a metagame.
    I would play that game!

That aside, i think there needs to be certain areas you can and cannot pull people. I think Batrider or VS pulling people from high to low ground and vice versa with their respective ultimate skills should work. Pulling people onto the inescapable ward ledges puts melee heroes in a bind moreso than ranged. Atleast if you did this to Drow she could wail on people from the highground. Where as if you do this against say...Skeleton King; he's gonna FIreblast you a couple times, die, more fireblasts and die again. I understand that you should have a TP scroll at all times, but there's a good chance the enemies will have a disable. If they had a sniper you'd never beable to TP out. They could also kill the courier if it's bringing as TP scroll to you.

To make all ledges impassable is wrong. If i am being chased, force staffing over certain cliffs is awesome. There is obviously problems with Venge/Pudge forcestaffing going onto a ward cliff and Swapping people out. Maybe Valve could put special colliders on certain areas that make them impassable by all things. and Dark Seer vacuum should pull over terrain. Again, so long as its not into one of those inescapable areas.

If you guys actually want this, then all movement based spells should not go over terrain; Pudge Hook, Batrider Firebat, Sandking Burrowstrike, Clockwork Hookshot, Huskarr Lifebreak, Wisp tether, Faceless Void Timewalk, Morphling waveform, Spectre spectral dagger.

Basic Member
    even if this were intentional, fact is dota1 also had a stuck command in case this ever happened. so not only is this probably not intentional, it's not even consistent with the other mechanics of dota1. why they don't just let you walk off the cliffs like in hon is beyond me. this is a bad bug that mostly benefits a certain hero who is currently way too strong to begin with.