Page 14 of 21 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast

Thread: [Confirmed] VS, DS or Batrider moving heroes into inescapable places

Basic Member
    Legit, you should be aware of this. Positioning is important.

I'm dissapointed at the lack of communication by IFs part. If it was DotA1, he would have said if it's intended a year ago.

And I can't believe how many people assume it's intended. They have probably never played or followed DotA, since IF and his team took a lot of time to flag every inescapable place and then reprogram pretty much every displacement skill so it's hard to trap people. And then, in DotA2, it's the easiest thing to do ever.

Banned
    I find it to be working as intended. I have no quarrels with it, it has happened to me and I dealt with it how you would. I've done it to people as well, it is a clever use of your surroundings most the time. They have to be in the right position or it usually won't work. Honestly would rather it not be 'fixed' if it is a bug. Clever ingenuity shouldn't be pointed out as abuse nor a bug.

Take telekinesis for example, if they're running into your jungle you can throw them on the ledge behind the neutral camp (radiant side). Normally this promotes an easy gank on the hero. The spot you're throwing them into isn't inescapable, so why would this be considered a bug? Granted you need some way to get out of the spot without just running but it isn't like you're locked into the spot for good.

Basic Member
    but the main point of why heroes cant be in inescapable places is because they have no utility to escape. its just stupid if u are forcing ppls to buy tp when the game starts with rubick or ds. dota isnt about putting ppls in inescapable regions, its about multi-player rpg massive fun teamfight shit.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by chunkyboy View Post
    but the main point of why heroes cant be in inescapable places is because they have no utility to escape. its just stupid if u are forcing ppls to buy tp when the game starts with rubick or ds. dota isnt about putting ppls in inescapable regions, its about multi-player rpg massive fun teamfight shit.
    You do realise how small the radius for lvl1 vacuum is right? And if he got that at lvl1 do you know how messed up he would be in lane?

Basic Member
    All this discussion is really pointless, Vaccum can't push enemies on top of cliffs in Dota 1 so this also shouldn't happen in Dota 2. If you want to be able to trap people on cliffs the appropriated forum to be discussed this is www.playdota.com, not here.

Quote Originally Posted by Synchrotron View Post
    All this discussion is really pointless, Vaccum can't push enemies on top of cliffs in Dota 1 so this also shouldn't happen in Dota 2. If you want to be able to trap people on cliffs the appropriated forum to be discussed this is www.playdota.com, not here.
    Wrong. Discussions are never pointless. BALANCE discussions go to playdota.com. The discussion if a difference between Dota 1 and 2 is intended or not has nothing to do with playdota.com but the developer forums.

Quote Originally Posted by Synchrotron View Post
    There is a thread on these forums listing intended changes from dota1 to dota2.My point being, the 2 games are not 100% indentical.

This could be something unintended that they are still debating whether or not to keep in the game.

Basic Member
    This is still a confirmed bug, if it was intended it wouldn't be on the known bug list

i believe ppl are alrdy used to this and its part of dota 2. i wish they dont change it even if its not like this on dota 2 . its more fun this way :/