Page 15 of 21 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast

Thread: [Confirmed] VS, DS or Batrider moving heroes into inescapable places

Basic Member
    in dota1 there was an -unstuck feature

Basic Member
    Bumping this. I think this issue should be given much more attention than it is now as it can be done easily and can drastically affect the outcome of the whole game. Please, devs, either state it's an intended change or fix it to work the same way in both games. I myself find it unimaginable to be an intended feature when Icefrog went out of his way to define impassable terrain and prevent these abuses in DotA.
    Last edited by billy; 01-11-2013 at 08:07 AM.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by billy View Post
    Bumping this. I think this issue should be give much more attention than it is now as it can be done easily and can drastically affect the outcome of the whole game. Please, devs, either state it's an intended change or fix it to work the same way in both games. I myself find it unimaginable to be an intended feature when Icefrog went out of his way to define impassable terrain and prevent these abuses in DotA.
    A statement would be nice, but it's been like this for so long I can't imagine it's not intended anymore

Why exactly can't you do that in WC3 Dota?

It seems very logical to me, you use a vacuum; put it ontop of a cliff and people get sucked in. Everything is logical.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by EeaZY View Post

It seems very logical to me, you use a vacuum; put it ontop of a cliff and people get sucked in. Everything is logical.
    It used to be possible but Icefrog thought it was an abuse and did some coding in one of the updates to prevent it from happening.
    I'm not a mechanics expert but as far as I know the code basically defines some areas on the map as impassable terrain. Vacuum cannot be targeted at these areas. If a unit affected by Force Staff, Telekinesis, Lasso, etc. would end up on impassable terrain, it is instead moved to the closest normal terrain.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by EeaZY View Post

Getting stuck is an awful game design aspect in itself. It's why so many spells destroy trees when used (VS swap). As a balance aspect there is too much reward for too little risk. Through an entire team onto a cliff and most of the melee heroes are made useless or target specifc heroes to zone them away from fights.

I was stuck on the top rune cliff by Rubick for the first 6 minutes of the game. Nobody bought a courier. Everybody was lvl 4-6 and I was lvl 1. Finally, Lone Druid bought a flying courier at 7:00 mark and I bought a TP. Of course we lost that game.

My opinion? This should be fixed. It's just gamebreaking and unfair.

Quote Originally Posted by TDA101 View Post
    Getting stuck is an awful game design aspect in itself. It's why so many spells destroy trees when used (VS swap). As a balance aspect there is too much reward for too little risk. Through an entire team onto a cliff and most of the melee heroes are made useless or target specifc heroes to zone them away from fights.
    And what's the difference towards stuns? Right, this one can be avoided by clever positioning, stuns can't. Or are Rubick and DS suddenly OP? Nope, they're used as much as before. This is not a real balance issue because on a rather high skill level this happens rarely. For sure, if someone knows how to use it while enemies are not aware of it it might be unfair, but that's what knowledge adds.

DS and Rubick are much stronger in D2 than in D1 due to this. Yeah, it DOESN'T HAPPEN often, but you don't get that something which doesn't happen still has an impact.
    To give the easiest example: [VS and enemy Rubick are both running to the rune. They see each other. VS runs away, Rubick takes the rune.] Nothing happened, right?
    Now see what happened in the heads of the people:
    VS had a bit of a headstart. She could stun Rubick and then be really close to the rune and get it before he recovers from the stun.
    BUT what if Rubick then lifts her on a cliff? She's pretty much fucked. So instead, she decides not to go for the rune.
    In D1, she would've gotten it, in D2 she doesn't. And you don't see a problem because you don't actually see VS getting lifted and don't understand her decision making.
    You see a team not contesting Roshan and don't get that it's because they fear getting 3-man-upcliffed from the DS lurking somewhere.

The easiest reason as to why it shouldn't work is: Venge and Pudge can't buy Blink because they can get people stuck. Both Rubick and DS have it a million times easier than "Blink upcliff, afk for 15 seconds, Hook someone, Blink down". If you really think that getting people stuck is "part of the game" and "okay", open a thread in which you request the Blinkban on these two heroes to be lifted, because it doesn't make sense then.
    (P.S. The Blink ban makes even less sense since ForceStaff still allows you to do the same thing)
    Last edited by Vulpes; 06-30-2014 at 12:04 PM.

Nicely written.

Also there is this thing about, quitting from the chase as the Dark Seer or the Rubick uses the rune spots as their fleeing route. They are like mid-map mini-fountains for those two now...
    Anyway, this thing doesn't really need justification. This is a bug, and will eventually be fixed, hopefully sooner than later.

I don't really care when, though. It is just another bug, like the every other one.