Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: [Confirmed] VS, DS or Batrider moving heroes into inescapable places

Weird how so many people (in this thread and other duplicates) think this is working as intended. Did you guys even check with DotA 1 first?

As amusing as it is, we should of course fix it so it matches dota1.

Basic Member
    Out of curiosity, you can be force staffed/lassoed/vacuumed up and down other cliffs, just not the ones which lead to inescapable terrain, correct?

Basic Member
    Why should this be fixed? I think it gives the game another interesting aspect, as you have to be careful not being pulled on cliffs. Why would you want to break such a mechanic? It is fun and in certain circumstances useful. It just adds depth to the game.

I agree it's a bug in that it deviates from Dota 1, but I think Valve should consider leaving the behavior as it is. I think it adds an interesting wrinkle to playing against DS. If it's left in, we'll need an "unstuck" like Dota 1.

Basic Member
    for those thinking it is intended there has to be something wrong with your though process. This applies to people who think it should be kept like this. If vac allows for inescapable terrain abuse then the concept of mag is utterly worthless. Seeing as vacuum aoe is larger faster and shorter cd. The whole point of that spell is to clump not abuse stupid things that force you to waste 135 gold based off a spell that has a 20 sec cd.

If this was working as intended you wouldn't see blink restricted for Pudge and VS.
    Doing a great job Valve!

Quote Originally Posted by DeathByVoid View Post
    If this was working as intended you wouldn't see blink restricted for Pudge and VS.
    As DLRevan stated out, it's not working as intended, because it's a BUG IN DotA 1 TOO!! Watch my post on page 2 of this thread. I tested it and you can still find ~ 10 locations to stuck enemies.

Blink on Pudge is another story! You could go bottom radiant f.e. and blink into woods. Its too easy.

Basic Member
    Agreed. If you guys think Vacuum should work the way it is currently fine, but that wasn't the way it worked in Dota 1, so if you people don't want IF to fix it bring new arguments other than "its working as intended".

Its easy to just say "carry a TP" but in many occasions you don't have one, not to mention the fact that DS can Vacuum people over and over again so It'll be a huge waste of gold buying all those TPs. Also in the mean time your courier is bringing a TP for the team you they are pretty much screwed on the top of the cliff, not to mention the fact that the courier is an easy target when you are trying to bring TPs to an specific location.

batrider ulti bug

Batrider ulti able to pull heros up to cliffs and leave them there.
    If hero has no tele or blink skill he can be left there for the rest of the game.