Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast

Thread: [Confirmed] VS, DS or Batrider moving heroes into inescapable places

Quote Originally Posted by UnAVA View Post
    well, shouldn't you be able to use force staff at least on your self to escape to impassible terrain? I've been saved multiple times with this.
    Have you seen the replay?
    I encourage you to see it.

At the first Vacuum abuse, Lion decided to just stun to prevent a TP and not kill the trapped hero.
    Nightstalker ended having to buy 3 TP Scrolls in order to TP away, and also waste 2 mins being trapped, while eventually dying. This is a potential gold loss of around 1500 gold.

Towards the end of the game, Dark Seer and his team were intentionally making sure that the Flying Courier cannot get anywhere near to ferry TP Scrolls, Blink Dagger or even Force Staff.
    He's the hero this community deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll hunt his identity, because he can take it, because he's not our hero. He's a silent buffer, a watchful nerfer. An IceFrog.

My Speedtest Result

Quote Originally Posted by d.phoenixxx View Post
    Have you seen the replay?
    I encourage you to see it.
    Don't get me wrong here, I'm totally for making DS not being able to pull people up to impassible terrain. But I'm just saying at least for yourself (using forcestaff etc.) you should be able to go to impassible terrain to save yourself from ganks.

Don't get me wrong here, I'm totally for making DS not being able to pull people up to impassible terrain. But I'm just saying at least for yourself (using forcestaff etc.) you should be able to go to impassible terrain to save yourself from ganks.
    Believe me I tried.

But when I was 3/4 of the map away from my base, and my items were Gem of True Sight, Divine Rapier, BKB, Vlads, Treads, and I had no TP Scroll because I just bought Divine Rapier.
    I tried to bring 2 TP Scrolls over for safe measure, but I ended up dying on the cliff and dropping both Gem and Rapier on that cliff.
    Im on Radiant and it was that small cliff at the top of Dire lane.

We were lucky in the sense that we already raxed 2 of their bases and still have outer towers on Radiant side, if not, we could have lost it all.
    He's the hero this community deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll hunt his identity, because he can take it, because he's not our hero. He's a silent buffer, a watchful nerfer. An IceFrog.

My Speedtest Result

Quote Originally Posted by d.phoenixxx View Post
    Believe me I tried.
    I’m not sure you understood my post... Basically what I'm saying is
    Vacuum: No
    Lasso: No
    Forcestaff on Enemy: No
    Forcestaff on Self: Yes
    Blink: Yes

I mean, if Blink is allowed, why not allow Forcestaff too? It does not make sense.

^Forcestaff behaves the same on every target.
    Please, just call me buny.

...and everytime I see someone abuses this bug I just want to decapitate them. Please just fix it already.

i think being stuck is very lame. if you dont have a courier nor a tp scroll and ur friends dont have money u will have to wait a ton of time to get out of there, or maybe if ur team got all killed except for u and u dont have flying courier

bump

My Speedtest Result

Basic Member
    I’m not sure you understood my post... Basically what I'm saying is
    Vacuum: No
    Lasso: No
    Forcestaff on Enemy: No
    Forcestaff on Self: Yes
    Blink: Yes

I mean, if Blink is allowed, why not allow Forcestaff too? It does not make sense.
    Very specific reason: Some units aren't allowed to use blink because they can put enemy units into their position. VS and Pudge aren't allowed to use blink specifically because then they would be able to pull an enemy onto inescapable terrain. But, they ARE allowed to use force staff because normally, force staff doesn't push units into inescapable terrain.

Quote Originally Posted by KScorp View Post
    Very specific reason: Some units aren't allowed to use blink because they can put enemy units into their position. VS and Pudge aren't allowed to use blink specifically because then they would be able to pull an enemy onto inescapable terrain. But, they ARE allowed to use force staff because normally, force staff doesn't push units into inescapable terrain.
    Pudge would be able to blink into trees, which is MUCH MORE possible than inescapable terrain. Force destroys trees, therefore they are allowed to do this... and VS with blink woul be just hillarious^^

OT: I don't see a problem with vaccum. Many epic fights (just watch PPYs DS) were started because of this new feature. Especially Rosh go's are entertaining like hell

A no to lasso is just brainless, sry for choosing this term, but you surely did not check the reality. There are approximately zero points where you get stuck You just pop out of terrain when lasso ends.