Page 1 of 20 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: [Confirmed] VS, DS or Batrider moving heroes into inescapable places

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Basic Member

[Confirmed] VS, DS or Batrider moving heroes into inescapable places

Recently,Tons of youtube videos showing dark seer vacuuming heroes on top of cliffs like this. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=khvw0pcBB0I
    Vengeful spirit version. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hiicLbeVJyM .Seriously, its game-breaking and funny(admit it).Set the skills to move people to the edge of the cliffs so that people wont abuse it.

Basic Member
    Part of the skill, carry TP scrolls, take this to the balance debate section of the playdota forums etc etc.

Core Tester
    doesn't dota 1 not let you vacuum people onto inescapable cliffs?

Quote Originally Posted by eldorquO View Post
    doesn't dota 1 not let you vacuum people onto inescapable cliffs?
    No apparently their was protection against it. Also please I ask you kindly to make your sentences a bit more understandable. Using 2 negatives in the same sentence is a bit confusing.

"Doesn't Dota1 not let you vacuum people onto inescapable cliffs?"
    By this do you mean that "You cannot vacuum people onto cliffs in D1?" Or that you can?

Also its incredibly easy to fix, just use regions and check if cast point is in region. In jass at least this should be not more than 20 lines of code? I dunno
    Last edited by Crowfeather; 03-31-2013 at 11:10 PM.

Banned
    Works as intended

Basic Member
    Bring a TP scroll or have 135 gold. Working as intended.

also using tiny or a force staff to put people in "blocked" positions isn't uncommon back in dota 1 . So I think this will be closed soon...

Quote Originally Posted by JagdPanther69 View Post
    also using tiny or a force staff to put people in "blocked" positions isn't uncommon back in dota 1 . So I think this will be closed soon...
    Actually, no, I'm not closing this. This is not intended behaviour at all, at least compared to Dota 1.

Vacuum cannot be used on impassable or inescapable terrain. Forcestaffed units cannot be pushed onto inescapable terrain.
    Always read and follow the forum rules. If you need help from a moderator, use the report button ()
    Before posting new bugs:
    -Check the Known Bugs List and search the forum for an existing report.
    -Make sure its a bug (test in WC3 Dota, visit playdota guides and adv. mech, etc). If you're still not sure, post in Mechanics and Gameplay Bug Brainstorming instead.
    -Read the Bug Posting Guidelines on how to report a bug properly.

Quote Originally Posted by DLRevan View Post
    Forcestaffed units cannot be pushed onto inescapable terrain.
    Challenge accepted

As you can see in photos attached, you still can stuck yourself- respectively your enemies with VS. There is also a spot (the scourge entrance pic), where you could even move but trees block you from escaping.
    You can stuck enemies with Batriders Lasso and a proper pull into the woods (which got changed from DotA to Dota 2) between Dire secret shop and Roshan as well.

I could find some more places which are similar. Your right,that it got tweaked a bit in DotA, but you still can do this. The only escape from a few spots may be TP or unstuck.
    vs-scourge-force-1.jpg

vs-sentinel-force-1.jpg

vs-sentinel-force-2.jpg

vs-sentinel-force-3.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Evo View Post
    Challenge accepted

As you can see in photos attached, you still can stuck yourself- respectively your enemies with VS. There is also a spot (the scourge entrance pic), where you could even move but trees block you from escaping.
    You can stuck enemies with Batriders Lasso and a proper pull into the woods (which got changed from DotA to Dota 2) between Dire secret shop and Roshan as well.

I could find some more places which are similar. Your right,that it got tweaked a bit in DotA, but you still can do this. The only escape from a few spots may be TP or unstuck.
    vs-scourge-force-1.jpg

vs-sentinel-force-1.jpg

vs-sentinel-force-2.jpg

vs-sentinel-force-3.jpg
    I should say "should not be pushed into inescapable terrain". These should be submitted as bugs at playdota actually. Most other locations are blocked, the intention here is obvious.
    Always read and follow the forum rules. If you need help from a moderator, use the report button ()
    Before posting new bugs:
    -Check the Known Bugs List and search the forum for an existing report.
    -Make sure its a bug (test in WC3 Dota, visit playdota guides and adv. mech, etc). If you're still not sure, post in Mechanics and Gameplay Bug Brainstorming instead.
    -Read the Bug Posting Guidelines on how to report a bug properly.