Page 3 of 71 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast

Thread: Will Dota 2 ever have a ladder system?

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterfulWizard View Post
    OK Mr. Valve worker that has access to that information.
    you're saying it's not obvious that kd ratio is not a part of the rating system? lol

yeah if you go 10-0 you get more rating

Quote Originally Posted by kaliteros View Post
    you're saying it's not obvious that kd ratio is not a part of the rating system? lol

yeah if you go 10-0 you get more rating
    Mindless speculation must be fun. I for one don't participate in such anti-intellectual activities.

Basic Member
    Yes we need a ranking system and only win/losses should affect the rating!

^ This would be the shittiest ladder system ever.

Basic Member
    You cant be seroius, the only interresting thing is how the game ends. You cant have a system that for example give carries more points than support. This also makes incitament to ks and other bad habbits.

Basic Member
    There is already ranked matchmaking in dota 2. Starcraft uses a similar system, the different 'leagues' on the ladder are artificial divisions that merely serve to obscure showing a player's true ranking. The only way this will improve is a larger player pool in beta.

Any system not based on pure win/loss will lead to stat-whoring and abuse. In the end it doesn't matter how many kills, cs assists you get, as long as you win the game (Maelk veno anyone?)

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterfulWizard View Post
    Mindless speculation must be fun. I for one don't participate in such anti-intellectual activities.
    being retarded must be fun

thinking you're always right even when stating an obviously insane point...ahhh

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Clarty View Post
    There is already ranked matchmaking in dota 2. Starcraft uses a similar system, the different 'leagues' on the ladder are artificial divisions that merely serve to obscure showing a player's true ranking. The only way this will improve is a larger player pool in beta.
    except people from high can get matched with people from medium category, and there are EIGHT categories in starcraft whereas there are only three in dota(with a way larger playerpool on each region), which is also a team-only game and suffers a lot from people of varied skills getting matched together

on top of that any form of rating is completely hidden, so all in all there's a marginal difference between the current system and just randomly matching people in games and there's no way to give any feedback on how to improve it because guess what? everything is hidden

Banned
    The DotA 2 "Ladder" sucks when compared to the HoN ladder or even (God Help Me) League of Legends. No reason to hide information from players that want it. If you dont want the info dont look at it or hide it. Without seeing how well I am progressing I see no reason to play this over Starcraft or any other game with a respectable ladder. DotA One even has a better ladder sadly.

Basic Member
    Current system when u getting BP and level whenever u lose or win, and battle lvl means tbh nothing, making us no goal to reach. Game is for now very casual and i dont like it...