Thread: Bane and Sven's new lines are not being used

Bane and Sven's new lines are not being used

At least for me it is so. The thing is, Sven has recently recieved a VO update, and Bane used to have less lines than he has now. The new ones are enabled in the talker files, buuuuuut...

I was playing Sven, bought an Armlet, and got nothing. Same for BKB.

Then, during some of my Bane games, I killed Kunkka and Night Stalker (some of his rivals) numerous times, bought Necronomicon and Blink Dagger... All in all, I did quite a lot of things that would use the new lines, and yet Bane wouldn't say them.

Just in case anyone is wondering, I performed the aforementioned actions a HUMPLOAD of times. Not a single rivalry line, not a single item response.

Is there something wrong with me, or is it a widespread problem?
    Last edited by 1337_n00b; 03-06-2012 at 11:24 AM.

Investigating. Thanks for the heads up.

This is complete speculation, but the voscripts and scenes corresponding to those lines are not updated inside the Valve Pak. (The talker rules, however, are.) If the game accesses voscripts or scenes from inside the Valve Pak (as opposed to the copies stored on the filesystem), then I think they would not play.

I should probably update it on how Sand King shares this problem, but Juggernaut does not. I've bought Scepter and got nothing for Sand King(and, as far as my memory goes, I've successfully finished Broodmother a couple of times), while an enemy Juggernaut did use his rivalry lines for Sven.

My fault. Fixed by Finol.