Thread: Phase Shift getting canceled by non-canceling item casts

Basic Member

Question Phase Shift getting canceled by non-canceling item casts

Summary:
    When you cast Shiva's while Phase Shifted you will lose all effects of Phase Shift, but continue to channel Phase Shift.

Repro Steps:
    Buy Shivas on Puck and take 4 levels of Phase Shift (just to make the effect more easily observable). Cast Phase Shift and then Shivas while Phase Shift is still active. If you do this next to a neutral camp you can observe that you take damage despite continuing to channel Phase Shift.

Result:
    You continue channeling Phase Shift but loose the invisibility and invulnerability. You can be attacked and take damage

phaseshift shivas.jpg

Expected Result:
    According to http://www.playdota.com/forums/showt...hift+shiva%27s you should loose invulneravility but remain Invisible(and still be a little glowing ball). Also I'm not sure about this but it seems strange to me that you would continue channeling even though Phase Shift doesn't do anything anymore.

Updated thread here
    Last edited by bu3ny; 01-09-2016 at 11:02 AM. Reason: add linke to new thread

One possible reason it is different in Dota 2 is that puck is not made invisible and invulnerable when phaseshifting, but some other kind of status, which has caused bugs with direct-hp removal damage before.

Either channeling should stop, or puck should maintain phaseshift, but this should be a bug. Added to common bugs sticky.
    Last edited by DLRevan; 03-06-2012 at 01:30 PM.
    Always read and follow the forum rules. If you need help from a moderator, use the report button ()
    Before posting new bugs:
    -Check the Known Bugs List and search the forum for an existing report.
    -Make sure its a bug (test in WC3 Dota, visit playdota guides and adv. mech, etc). If you're still not sure, post in Mechanics and Gameplay Bug Brainstorming instead.
    -Read the Bug Posting Guidelines on how to report a bug properly.

Quote Originally Posted by DLRevan View Post

Either channeling should stop, or puck should maintain phaseshift, but this should be a bug. Added to common bugs sticky.
    Phaseshift should remain, because Shiva's isn't suppose to cancel channeling spells.
    Please, just call me buny.

Basic Member
    If you phaseshift and subsequently activate Shivas, Puck will perform Shivas and stay in Phaseshift.
    You will then lose invulnerability but you are still invisible to enemies.
    That's in fact a bug since you lose both invulnerability and invisibilty in DotA 2.

Quote Originally Posted by bu3ny View Post
    Phaseshift should remain, because Shiva's isn't suppose to cancel channeling spells.
    I mean for sake of consistency with what is seen. IMO, phaseshift should remain though.
    Always read and follow the forum rules. If you need help from a moderator, use the report button ()
    Before posting new bugs:
    -Check the Known Bugs List and search the forum for an existing report.
    -Make sure its a bug (test in WC3 Dota, visit playdota guides and adv. mech, etc). If you're still not sure, post in Mechanics and Gameplay Bug Brainstorming instead.
    -Read the Bug Posting Guidelines on how to report a bug properly.

Phase shift is broken when interacting with all items that don't break channeling. (I think that was all items that don't break channeling, let me know if I missed one)

Adding.

Bump. This is still bugged.

Right now it does not get canceled. The channeling continues, but Puck loses the status buff from Phase Shift.

Here a comparison to another channeling spell

The buff should not be removed when the spell is still channeling. So spells like invis from shadow blade, or blast from shivas guard should not make him lose the buff.

The problem seems to be that the Phase Shift buff on Puck and the channeling are independant from each other.

I remember that phase shift used to be not a channeling spell in Dota2. From the patch on the 92th of july 2011
    "Phase Shift is now a channeled ability, so it displays a channel bar and allows actions to be queued after it."

The channeling itself works properly. But the buff still uses the old rules. So just "binding" the buff to the channeling should fix all thise problems.
    This bug is also caused by this. Glimpse does stop the channeling (the channeling bar disappears), but the buff ignores that.