Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18

Thread: [Fixed] Auto attack even when it's turned off

Quote Originally Posted by Jan2011 View Post
    So you want a auto last hit/denie mechanic? I would say nope to that.
    I think he means that if you disable AA after casts, you also disable AA if your current target dies. Example: a jungler that disables "AA after cast" attacks a creep in a camp and it dies -> stops autoattacking, although it has nothing to do with casting :/
    If you think I've closed or deleted a post unjustified, feel free to PM me and I'll explain it to you/discuss it with you further.

Banned
    Why not fixed?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Kryil- View Post
    I think he means that if you disable AA after casts, you also disable AA if your current target dies. Example: a jungler that disables "AA after cast" attacks a creep in a camp and it dies -> stops autoattacking, although it has nothing to do with casting :/
    Exactly.

Quote Originally Posted by Jan2011 View Post
    So you want a auto last hit/denie mechanic? I would say nope to that.
    Note the word "after"

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kryil- View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Typhox View Post
    Note the word "after"
    Just to point out:
    When I turn off auto-attack, my hero has to ONLY attack the targets that I'm telling him to attack (via attack command or right click)
    Right click only on one of them = ONLY THAT ONE?

And before you ask, I did try attack-move, and my hero didn't stop after killing one.
    Last edited by RoflCat; 02-07-2014 at 05:34 AM.
    Every time someone make a false report.
    Making people's losses feel worse with just my name (don't ask me how it work, I certainly don't)

Currently observed Orb(Unique Attack Modifiers), Critical, and Bash interactions for DotA2

To:
    People who cry MM isn't fair: Maybe you're not as great as you make yourself to be.
    People who wants surrender: It exists, but I'm not teaching you how to do it.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by RoflCat View Post
    Just to point out:

Right click only on one of them = ONLY THAT ONE?
    Yes. However, my quote is unrelated to the other quote you made. We are talking about 2 different things here: One is auto attack in general, and what I was talking about is auto attack after last hit. Well, I don't know how you can misunderstand this...

And before you ask, I did try attack-move, and my hero didn't stop after killing one.
    I don't need to ask, because this has already been answered long time ago.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Typhox View Post
    Yes. However, my quote is unrelated to the other quote you made. We are talking about 2 different things here: One is auto attack in general, and what I was talking about is auto attack after last hit. Well, I don't know how you can misunderstand this...
    My apology, since the quoted post also had after I misunderstood it.

Still, given what you posted in the OP, the current interaction is 'fixed' and now you're just tacking on more requests.

So I think you should either edit your OP to explain, more clearly, what exactly you want it to do, or just make a new thread for it.

Otherwise you ends up with another case of Iceblast 'fix' where only what was post in the OP is fixed.
    Every time someone make a false report.
    Making people's losses feel worse with just my name (don't ask me how it work, I certainly don't)

Currently observed Orb(Unique Attack Modifiers), Critical, and Bash interactions for DotA2

To:
    People who cry MM isn't fair: Maybe you're not as great as you make yourself to be.
    People who wants surrender: It exists, but I'm not teaching you how to do it.

Banned
    My apology, since the quoted post also had after I misunderstood it.

Still, given what you posted in the OP, the current interaction is 'fixed' and now you're just tacking on more requests.

So I think you should either edit your OP to explain, more clearly, what exactly you want it to do, or just make a new thread for it.

Otherwise you ends up with another case of Iceblast 'fix' where only what was post in the OP is fixed.
    Yes, I should make a new thread for it, however, chances are bigger that Valve employees read this thread again to gather some additional feedback about their fix.

Basic Member
    Got to agree - was really hopeful when brood didn't rush into the wave after casting, but as well as not autoattacking after a cast, it doesn't switch agro to another creep.

Currently (and before) even with auto-attack OFF, your hero would switch agro and attack if you had initiated an attack. Now turning on "disable autoattack after cast" also stops that - which isn't correct, it isn't something new it's just the previous behaviour.

Banned
    I also noticed that Disable Autoattack after Cast also disables the option to cycle tower aggro using right click deny.