Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: [Fixed] Auto attack even when it's turned off

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by DLRevan View Post
    Moving this to Brainstorming.
    Why?
    So, consensus, eh?
    Hm, don't know what I can do for that...
    Last edited by Typhox; 03-08-2012 at 01:45 AM.

It also kinda mess up when you try to test something. I turn auto attack off to make it easier. But when you cast a spell, the hero starts auto attacking..
    Please, just call me buny.

I have to agree that turning off the autoattack option should remove the automatic targeting acquisition completely.

If you cast a spell or something you should either continue to attack the last specified attack target, or not start attacking a new one. I would even go so far as to say that when your current target dies you should not start attacking another one until a new attack order is issued. This is of course unless your order was attack-move.

It just makes the "no autoattack" option feel inconsistent with its current behavior.

Basic Member
    I'm pretty happy with the "Off" setting as it is now, can't stand it set to "On". If your talking about targeting one person and randomly switching targets then that is an actual bug and is most likely not related to auto attack.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Algia View Post
    I'm pretty happy with the "Off" setting as it is now, can't stand it set to "On". If your talking about targeting one person and randomly switching targets then that is an actual bug and is most likely not related to auto attack.
    I have it set to Off. I now target my attack on an enemy. I use an item/skill/whatever. My target changes to the nearest unit. Most annoying with heroes that have slow attack speed, as it usually means that you give your enemy around 1 second without an attack - as a fed carry. And it effectively reduces disable time.

And no, shift queuing doesn't work in most cases.
    Last edited by Typhox; 03-09-2012 at 02:49 AM.

Basic Member
    Yeah I think that's been fixed for a couple of moves like Spirit Breaker charging a target then attacking something else after stun, sounds like same bug but with a different ability

Basic Member
    I don't see this as a problem. There are much more vital problems unfixed atm.

Drives me nuts when I'm fleeing with QoP, blink away and she turns around to attack an enemy unit. I agree that if auto-attack is turned off it should be off for everything.
    Please read Common Discussions, Common Suggestions, Common Technical Issues, Common Bugs, and do a website search prior to making any new thread.
    Use the report () button to report flaming, illegal discussions, offensive content, excessive spam, trolling, advertising, or duplicate threads

You guys are misinterpreting the auto attack setting.

It is a variation of hold position, not a general rule that governs over anything else.

After you issue a action, you must issue the next action. I don't see any problem with that. IMO if you attack what you don't want or if akasha doesn't walk in the direction you wanted it is your fault completely. Blaming the engine for something you didn't do, and as pointed out is easily queued up, is a little too much.

Basic Member
    +1, there was no such option in original DotA, but if it is in DOTA2 it must work normally, not half-work half-not. I am sure developers do not intended such behavior in the first place.