Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: [Fixed] Auto attack even when it's turned off

we Definitely need a better (or multiple) versions of No Auto-Attack. 5* for the initiative.

Quote Originally Posted by ValeN View Post
    You guys are misinterpreting the auto attack setting.

It is a variation of hold position, not a general rule that governs over anything else.

After you issue a action, you must issue the next action. I don't see any problem with that. IMO if you attack what you don't want or if akasha doesn't walk in the direction you wanted it is your fault completely. Blaming the engine for something you didn't do, and as pointed out is easily queued up, is a little too much.
    That's true.. when you play with auto-attack on.

But why should your hero automatically attack when you turned auto-attack off?? Contradicting, isn't it?
    Doesn't matter how, the hero shouldn't auto-attack (except on spells which forces them to attack eg Berserker's Call) when you turned it off.
    Please, just call me buny.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ValeN View Post
    After you issue a action, you must issue the next action.
    Yes, this is what I'd like it to do. But currently, when I issue the action to use a salve, then my hero starts autoattacking the creeps who then attack me and cancel the salve. Not very nice imo.

Quote Originally Posted by bu3ny View Post
    That's true.. when you play with auto-attack on.

But why should your hero automatically attack when you turned auto-attack off?? Contradicting, isn't it?
    Doesn't matter how, the hero shouldn't auto-attack (except on spells which forces them to attack eg Berserker's Call) when you turned it off.
    Attacking a creep doesn't aggro the creeps, not even the attacked creep<.<

/offtopic.

Basic Member
    I think what he means is that if you atack one target...then cast a spell/item you should keep atacking your target..not the closest unit..Would be a lovely change if your hero would just keep atacking your target even if you cast a spell inbetween...doesn't change anything for people who are used to spammclick their first target when casting spells either...just a quality of life change which would be nice imo

Quote Originally Posted by Shikuzo View Post
    I think what he means is that if you atack one target...then cast a spell/item you should keep atacking your target..not the closest unit..Would be a lovely change if your hero would just keep atacking your target even if you cast a spell inbetween...doesn't change anything for people who are used to spammclick their first target when casting spells either...just a quality of life change which would be nice imo
    No, he just means that your hero starts attacking automatically, after you casted anything.

Basic Member
    I wonder how this works in dota 1?

Either way this is pretty clunky and feels quite unnatural to me.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by TIMTIMTIM View Post
    I wonder how this works in dota 1?
    There is no Auto-Attack setting in DotA 1.

Basic Member
    I mean I wonder what happens when you hex a target in dota 1..............

He gots hexed?... Your hero attacks a the nearest unit, what else should happen? There isn't a way to change to turn auto attack off in DotA1..