Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: [Confirmed] Units taking damage while Pudge is disabled during Rot

[Confirmed] Units taking damage while Pudge is disabled during Rot

Summary: Rot doing damage while Pudge is disabled. (Voodoo, Hex, Sheepstick)

Repro:
    1) Get Sheepstick/Lion's Hex/Rhasta's Voodoo and at least a level 1 Pudge for Rot.
    2) Turn Rot on and get the enemy unit/hero close enough to get damaged with Rot.
    3) Use selected disable on Pudge while Rot is on.

Result: The enemy units near Pudge will take damage from Rot.

Expected: Units shouldn't take damage from Rot. (Not sure if this is intended but in DotA it works this way)

Edit:Trena99 - It also works when pudge is astral imprisoned or disrupted.
    Last edited by trena99; 04-23-2012 at 02:13 PM.

Intended.

Damn.

Basic Member
    Noob?
    It is intended -_-

Basic Member
    and why you whink it's intended? it works different in WC3 dota (only pudge damaged by Rot while hexed)
    Last edited by lunatic3k; 03-09-2012 at 12:49 AM.

This is not intended. In WC3, rot visual remains but no damage is dealt to units around pudge. Added to sticky.
    Always read and follow the forum rules. If you need help from a moderator, use the report button ()
    Before posting new bugs:
    -Check the Known Bugs List and search the forum for an existing report.
    -Make sure its a bug (test in WC3 Dota, visit playdota guides and adv. mech, etc). If you're still not sure, post in Mechanics and Gameplay Bug Brainstorming instead.
    -Read the Bug Posting Guidelines on how to report a bug properly.

I just tested it in DotA 1. DLRevan is right, BUT this is still buggy.

If you use Vodoo on Pudge who has Rot activated you won't get damaged in DotA 1. The visual still applies.
    If you use Shakle from Rhasta you WILL get damage when standing right next to rotting Pudge. This seems to be inconsistent. Either the visual should disappear when hexed or (whats my opinion) the damage should be dealt.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Evo View Post
    I just tested it in DotA 1. DLRevan is right, BUT this is still buggy.

If you use Vodoo on Pudge who has Rot activated you won't get damaged in DotA 1. The visual still applies.
    If you use Shakle from Rhasta you WILL get damage when standing right next to rotting Pudge. This seems to be inconsistent. Either the visual should disappear when hexed or (whats my opinion) the damage should be dealt.
    For clarification, this interaction is only with regards to hex. Hex the same type of disable as stun, and allows many abilities that stun does not allow to continue working, and vice-versa.

In the case of rot, I think it should not work while hexed, with no visual.
    Always read and follow the forum rules. If you need help from a moderator, use the report button ()
    Before posting new bugs:
    -Check the Known Bugs List and search the forum for an existing report.
    -Make sure its a bug (test in WC3 Dota, visit playdota guides and adv. mech, etc). If you're still not sure, post in Mechanics and Gameplay Bug Brainstorming instead.
    -Read the Bug Posting Guidelines on how to report a bug properly.

Quote Originally Posted by DLRevan View Post
    For clarification, this interaction is only with regards to hex. Hex the same type of disable as stun, and allows many abilities that stun does not allow to continue working, and vice-versa.

In the case of rot, I think it should not work while hexed, with no visual.
    Pausing and hexing completely disables Rot. Pause will deactivate Rot after he gets unpaused.
    Getting doomed (via Doom or Duel) disables the slow of Rot (because the slow comes from an aura and Doom disables auras).
    Please, just call me buny.

To make the current original post clearer; Disruption (Shadow Demon) and Astral Imprisonment (Destroyer) should deactivate the Rot, while Hex (any kind) should only make its effects disabled temporarily.