Thread: AI needs improvements

Banned

AI needs improvements

My comments on Dota 2 AI:

1. AI doesn't know when to deny tower/ally;
    >Deny when enemy hero is nearby
    >Remain the tower if the tower can stand for 3 or 4 hits
    >Deny ally when ally is under critical HP(poisoned/doomed)

2. AI tends to hit tower only and never assist nearby ally who is engaging the enemies' heroes
    >Leave the tower if the chance to break it is low and proceed for assisting
    >Continue to hit the tower if the tower left few HP

3. AI takes away rune when ally(with empty bottle) wants to bottle up the rune

4. AI only aim the enemy ancients structure
    >Should have command to request AI to come and kill the Roshan
    >Aegis and Cheese shouldn't be decided by command

* ">" sign is suggestion.
    Last edited by Claire Farron; 10-10-2011 at 10:11 AM.

Valve Developer
    1: I should have them denying towers for the next update. Allied hero denying might be a bit though, I need to make sure the logic for that is solid (don't want them killing you when you could have gotten away!)

2: Bots should handle being attacked while pushing a tower better next update. Currently they're too focused on the tower.

3: I'll double-check the logic on rune pickup when an ally has a bottle. I'm also making them always defer runes to human players.

4: If you ping Roshan, that will suggest to the bots that you want to kill him, and will increase their desire to do so.

Thanks for the feedback!

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
    1: I should have them denying towers for the next update. Allied hero denying might be a bit though, I need to make sure the logic for that is solid (don't want them killing you when you could have gotten away!)
    Could you do it like that:

If they can oneshot you while you are poisoned/doomed they should (only if they are sure that 1hit will be enough to finish you) and of course if the poison/doom have more than 3seconds left on it (or 5 if you judge it would be better, something like that)
    I think that's fair that way

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
    3: I'll double-check the logic on rune pickup when an ally has a bottle. I'm also making them always defer runes to human players.
    Ideally the logic should work like this for runes
    1) Check if player(s) have bottle, if they do call out the rune and protect it for 5 seconds or until the player starts making his way to the rune. (Perhaps a ping on the rune could mean protect if for further then the ~5 second initial protection) The only way the bot would then take the rune is if an enemy came within X range of the rune and your player wasn't closer then the enemy.
    2) If there is no bottle check if it is a regen rune.
    If it is a regen rune, check the health and mana of the players. If any are very low, call out the rune and proceed as if they have a bottle for it. If not, if you are low take it. Otherwise call out the rune and leave it there unless commanded to take it.

If there is no regen rune and noone has a bottle, take the rune.