Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: some map inconsistencies

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by doucheplayer View Post
    maybe valve/icefrog wants it this way?

every thought about that?

Anyway, good spotting dresmasher. Especially the rax one was quite interesting, because mobility around the rax&t3 got huge impacts on the fights to defend your base IMO.

Basic Member
    +1

I did a detailed account of map size being completely different between dota 1 and dota 2 and pointed out a number of these things while i was at it.

Distance and time to travel between spots is different between the games.
    Dota 2 map size is smaller. I confirmed this. This includes building placements.

I never got a reply.

Basic Member

Huge issue

This must not be ignored, it's pretty big issue, it is one of the biggest contributors to the "feeling of difference" between DotA and Dota 2. Details really matter in game of DotA/Dota 2 and this is pretty big one. Some proper testing should be done by Valve and the issue should be handled. Did any staff member replied to this?

Basic Member
    I wish some of the dev team will answer about this issue

Basic Member
    +1

Another juke spot missing: From Dire's t1 tower go up ramp into jungle. On the far left there ought to be a single tree you can run in circles around but there's another tree added in dota2 that blocks this.

Basic Member
    +1

I found another one,

the top lane of the sentinel side. The tier 1 tower has some trees to the right of it. In dota 1, you could fit a few units in between the tree and the tower. However, in dota 2, this path can be completely blocked with 1 plague ward or unit.

Quote Originally Posted by Rice View Post
    I found another one,

the top lane of the sentinel side. The tier 1 tower has some trees to the right of it. In dota 1, you could fit a few units in between the tree and the tower. However, in dota 2, this path can be completely blocked with 1 plague ward or unit.
    I could list dozens of spots like this.
    I'm not wasting my time doing that though until i see some form of interest from the devs side though about this issue and the things that have already been listed as well as the total map size inconsistency that i showed..