Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 167

Thread: [Confirmed] Shadow Fiend's Requiem of Souls Doing Less Damage Than It's Supposed To

  1. #11
    Basic Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    26
    Quote Originally Posted by vertigodragon View Post
    http://www.playdota.com/forums/showp...3&postcount=12
    theoretically, if valve coded requiem the same way as dota1, as long as you are within 84 distance of the enemy, you will deal full damage
    Hm then I'm not sure what's happening in my DotA 2 games. I assumed that it was coded exactly the same, but for some reason it's so much harder to land a maximum damage Requiem of Souls in DotA 2 compared to DotA 1. In fact, in all the games I've played SF I haven't landed a maximum damage Requiem of Souls whereas in DotA 1 it was fairly easy and common.

    And I know it's not the positioning because I as I have stated I've tested it on a non-moving target; I'm either not hitting all the lines or it's doing some magical number that cuts the damage exactly by 50%?

  2. #12
    Basic Member EmblemLord's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    588
    I'm finding it very difficult to hit all 16 lines too. I've tried maybe 20 times with Phase Boots or Shadow Blade, and I just can't get a perfect hit even if the hero models are practically overlapping.

  3. #13
    Basic Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    26
    Quote Originally Posted by EmblemLord View Post
    I'm finding it very difficult to hit all 16 lines too. I've tried maybe 20 times with Phase Boots or Shadow Blade, and I just can't get a perfect hit even if the hero models are practically overlapping.
    That's the problem though; in DotA 1 it was quite easy as long as you were overlapping your target; in DotA 2 even if I have a non-moving target and I overlap on him, I still don't hit the lines? So at the very least there's a problem with the line width or center of explosion in DotA 2.

  4. #14
    // Special
    //-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "AbilitySpecial"
    {
    "06"
    {
    "var_type" "FIELD_INTEGER"
    "requiem_line_width_start" "70 100 125"
    }
    "07"
    {
    "var_type" "FIELD_INTEGER"
    "requiem_line_width_end" "400 425 450"
    }
    "08"
    {
    "var_type" "FIELD_INTEGER"
    "requiem_line_speed" "700 700 700"
    }
    }
    There is no mention of aoe, so it is possible that the aoe of each line is not behaving correctly. iirc in dota1, requiem lines were dealt using carrion swarm. my guess is that the line damage is dealt in a trapezoid shape rather than factoring the initial and final aoe like it is supposed to

  5. #15
    Volunteer Moderator DLRevan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    2,915
    Quote Originally Posted by vertigodragon View Post
    There is no mention of aoe, so it is possible that the aoe of each line is not behaving correctly. iirc in dota1, requiem lines were dealt using carrion swarm. my guess is that the line damage is dealt in a trapezoid shape rather than factoring the initial and final aoe like it is supposed to
    Have just tested this myself. I managed to get all 16 to hit properly, but it required extremely precise placement beyond simply overlapping the target.

    You might be right and that the origin of each line is treated as a point. At the very least, the overlap of 16 waves at the origin is definitely not covering an aoe radius of 84 as it is in Dota 1.
    Always read and follow the forum rules. If you need help from a moderator, use the report button ()
    Before posting new bugs:
    -Check the Known Bugs List and search the forum for an existing report.
    -Make sure its a bug (test in WC3 Dota, visit playdota guides and adv. mech, etc). If you're still not sure, post in Mechanics and Gameplay Bug Brainstorming instead.
    -Read the Bug Posting Guidelines on how to report a bug properly.

  6. #16
    Basic Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Brasil
    Posts
    872
    Isn't this exactly bug cited as an example of how to report bugs? Known behaviour + 6.74 balance maybe?
    Last edited by vininim; 03-13-2012 at 02:47 AM.

  7. #17
    Basic Member shalafi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    659
    Quote Originally Posted by vininim View Post
    Isn't this exactly bug cited as an example of how to report bugs? Known behaviour + 6.74 balance maybe?
    Ah!, good catch. Funny but no, the reporting guidelines talk about non-overlapping minimum range Requiem of Souls.

    Reading the post at playdota, the starting point of the torrents is definitely not working as in DotA1.

  8. #18
    Basic Member chukky-jr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    890
    so in short, in DOTA 2 the souls are in form of line instead of conic shape like carrion swarm in DotA?

  9. #19
    Basic Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    26
    Quote Originally Posted by shalafi View Post
    Ah!, good catch. Funny but no, the reporting guidelines talk about non-overlapping minimum range Requiem of Souls.

    Reading the post at playdota, the starting point of the torrents is definitely not working as in DotA1.
    The thing is, I'm not sure if this is intended in DotA 2 or not? If it is then it's quite impractical to land a full-damage ult in a real game. Maybe the way they're countering this is with the recent buff to SF in DotA 1 (when it gets ported to DotA 2.) Still I think it needs to be fixed.

  10. #20
    Basic Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    18
    Icefrog,

    Please fix to make SF viable again. Recent changes in 6.74 is not enough for dota 2.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •