Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 167

Thread: [Confirmed] Shadow Fiend's Requiem of Souls Doing Less Damage Than It's Supposed To

  1. #21
    Basic Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    26
    Well after a bit more testing I realized that it is possible to hit with all lines, except that the positioning needs to be extremely precise to the point where it's pretty much impractical in a real game. I literally had to match up the circles under SF and the enemy unit in perfect symmetry in order to get the maximum damage (on a non-moving target mind you.) The area is definitely smaller compared to DotA 1.

    I don't know if this is intentional then.

  2. #22
    Basic Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    26
    Bump

  3. #23
    Basic Member shalafi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    659
    Quote Originally Posted by Coolica View Post
    The thing is, I'm not sure if this is intended in DotA 2 or not? If it is then it's quite impractical to land a full-damage ult in a real game. Maybe the way they're countering this is with the recent buff to SF in DotA 1 (when it gets ported to DotA 2.) Still I think it needs to be fixed.
    DotA balance is aimed to top-level balance, and there Shadow Blade Shadow Fiend is very, very rare. I don't think changing this to what it was in DotA1 would be a real balance change other than in pubs, so it's reasonable to ask the devs to change it.

  4. #24
    Basic Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    26
    Quote Originally Posted by shalafi View Post
    DotA balance is aimed to top-level balance, and there Shadow Blade Shadow Fiend is very, very rare. I don't think changing this to what it was in DotA1 would be a real balance change other than in pubs, so it's reasonable to ask the devs to change it.
    Well tbh that's true; I just feel like the size of the center of the ultimate should be the same as it is in DotA 1 since everything else is the same anyway.

    Also I was using Shadow Blade as an example because it's the easiest one to associate with a max damage Requiem with SF. For a more standard argument a fix of the hitbox size of the SF ult could lead to some sweet Enigma-Nevermore ults with Blink + Phase Boots.

    But what I'm wondering atm is whether this decrease in the size of the center of Requiem is considered a bug that will be fixed in the future or whether this is a deliberate implementation.

  5. #25
    Basic Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    26
    bump!

  6. #26
    Basic Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    289
    i read all ur posts here, i play SF alot he's my fav hero i rly did not notice this issue with his ulti coz usually i go for dagger more often than lothar, so i dont expect to deal full DMG when i blink ulti, but something i noticed is that his razes are (maybe short in distance, or the aoe is smaller).

  7. #27
    Basic Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    26
    Quote Originally Posted by Moe View Post
    i read all ur posts here, i play SF alot he's my fav hero i rly did not notice this issue with his ulti coz usually i go for dagger more often than lothar, so i dont expect to deal full DMG when i blink ulti, but something i noticed is that his razes are (maybe short in distance, or the aoe is smaller).
    It's not just about using lothars, it's about whether or not it's intended for the hitbox of the Ult to be that small to do maximum damage, and if it is it's a discrepancy from DotA 1. I just want to know if it's intended or not.

  8. #28
    Basic Member shalafi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    659
    Quote Originally Posted by Coolica View Post
    Well tbh that's true; I just feel like the size of the center of the ultimate should be the same as it is in DotA 1 since everything else is the same anyway.

    Also I was using Shadow Blade as an example because it's the easiest one to associate with a max damage Requiem with SF. For a more standard argument a fix of the hitbox size of the SF ult could lead to some sweet Enigma-Nevermore ults with Blink + Phase Boots.

    But what I'm wondering atm is whether this decrease in the size of the center of Requiem is considered a bug that will be fixed in the future or whether this is a deliberate implementation.
    In a real match SF won't have phasers. I find the Shadow Blade build a lot more likely to be honest :P. SF really needs the HP and AS from treads, more attack damage isn't what he needs.

    A realistic, competitive, scenario would be a phasing stunned enemy: SF blinks and ults. That the best chance of a 100%-hit instakill in a serious match. Even then, it's not an important balance concern (when I say balance concern, I mean tournament-level balance, which is the balance IF cares about).

    I sure hope the change it. Tricks like these are always amusing, and I see no reason not to have it.

  9. #29
    Basic Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    289
    but what hes talking about is that the hitbox of his ulti is smaller, witch makes it a bug that need to be fixed, im not saying its major and need to be adressed right now, but still and if anyone can check out the razes aoe, coz i rly feel the razes are not accurate.

  10. #30
    Valve Developer
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    308
    I can take a look at this.

    Do you guys have any screenshots of your results? That could help make sure we are talking about the same thing.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •