Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: [Confirmed] Shadow Fiend's Requiem of Souls Doing Less Damage Than It's Supposed To

Basic Member

[Confirmed] Shadow Fiend's Requiem of Souls Doing Less Damage Than It's Supposed To

Ok I discovered something really strange with SF's ult in DotA 2.

According to my number crunching, after factoring in the basic 25% magic reduction of heroes, his Requiem of Souls should do this amount of damage while directly on top of the target dependent on the level of his ultimate with 30 souls:

Level 1 Requiem of Souls: 900
    Level 2 Requiem of Souls: 1350
    Level 3 Requiem of Souls: 1800

However when I tested this in practice against a friend, testing with both Phase Boots and Shadow Blade, against a hero that does not have any other form of spell resistance aside from the base 25%, as well as being right on top of the target, with 30 souls, these numbers were the result:

Level 1 Requiem of Souls: 600
    Level 2 Requiem of Souls: 900
    Level 3 Requiem of Souls: 1200

To simplify the numbers; Shadow Fiend's Ult, Requiem of Souls does damage that is roughly equal to 50% reduction of his maximum damage, instead of 75% that would be reduced due to the base magic resistance of heroes of 25%.

So does anyone have an answer for this?
    Last edited by Coolica; 03-12-2012 at 02:04 AM.

Basic Member
    how many souls did you have?

Basic Member
    http://dotasecrets.wordpress.com/200...uiem-of-souls/

It should do 1800 damage if every torrent hits in dead center (with 30 souls).

I could only get a maximum of 14 lines (so 1680 damage) to damage the target with 32 souls. I used Phase Boots to get into the center of the enemy hero as best as possible. If it is possible to hit with all 16 lines, it is almost next to impossible to pull off.

^i haven't try it but you might want to use Bone Clinkz for the test/shadow blade. told the victim to turn invis and walk directly to SF's position, phase/shadow blade/clinkz's invis removes collision afaik

I managed to hit 13-14 with shadow blade. But the hero gets pushed when SF loses invis.
    Last edited by shalafi; 12-17-2012 at 05:58 AM.

Basic Member
    I did check the combat log. I was right on top of the target + 15 torrents hit them and it still did approximately 25% less damage than it's supposed to do (including the base 25% magic resistance.)

Edit: I counted it for each time the combat log stated that the target got hit by a line for 120 damage. For practicality's sake though, it seems that getting the maximum amount of lines on a single target is impractical in-game, if it's so difficult to even do it when the target is my friend and isn't moving?
    Last edited by Coolica; 03-12-2012 at 06:28 AM.

I did not notice any damage discrepancies when I was testing. Each line did 120 damage as it was supposed to (160 x 0.75). If I had been able to land the full 16 lines, it would have dealt 1920 total damage. Like I mentioned above, I was able to get 14 lines to hit and dealt 1680 damage.

Basic Member
    Then I must have miscounted the number of lines that hit :/ But then in that instance, I was testing with a friend whom I told to stand still and I phased/shadow bladed right on top of them and still didn't get the maximum amount of lines? Also sometimes I notice that the lines hit at different intervals and not at the same time.

There's just something really funky with the path of the lines and how they hit targets I think. Also if I can't even get all the lines to hit a single target in practice when the target isn't even moving, then it's even more impractical to get a perfect hit in a real game. This is different from DotA where you could lothars and ult right on top of a target for maximum damage, but here it seems that even if the target isn't moving your positioning has to be EXACTLY on top of them (which I have not been able to do on a non-moving target?)

Maybe this means that the center from where the lines come out of Nevermore needs to be re-adjusted to make it more practical? Or maybe the radius of each line needs to be increased?

http://www.playdota.com/forums/showp...3&postcount=12
    theoretically, if valve coded requiem the same way as dota1, as long as you are within 84 distance of the enemy, you will deal full damage