View Poll Results: Do u want to be reimplemented/added?

Voters
51. You may not vote on this poll
  • I'd like to change both stun issue and teleport issue too.

15 29.41%
  • I'd like to change stun issue but I don't like teleport issue.

18 35.29%
  • I wouldn't like to change stun issue but I like teleport is

2 3.92%
  • I like it the way it is, no changes pls

16 31.37%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: [Inconsistency] Spell animation canceling

Basic Member
    i see. so you just want the animation of the storm bolt to play during the cast animation, is what you mean

Support for the two stuns.
    Please, just call me buny.

Basic Member
    Needs to come back! +1

Basic Member
    Isn't it the same now? For example, sven extends his hand and it glows which to me, would be the same with animation cancelling in dota 1 (after all if they're fast and good enough, they can use their dodge skill after the projectile is in the air)

It's just that the animation before the stun actually starts flying changed from the projectile appearing "in" sven, to sven extending his glowing hand. Which isn't an actual but only a (positive imo) cosmetic difference.

dota 1 time sven makes it obvious he's gonna stun before the spell starts flying = dota 2 time sven makes it obvious he's gonna stun before the spell starts flying

I cant remember vengeful animations atm (Haven't played her in a while) but I'm pretty sure there's a "I'm gonna stun" animation you can bluff with.

Regarding furion, I'm also pretty sure some roots pop the instant he starts casting teleportation and they grow as they channel.
    Last edited by kaliteros; 03-20-2012 at 02:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kaliteros View Post
    Isn't it the same now? For example, sven extends his hand and it glows which to me, would be the same with animation cancelling in dota 1 (after all if they're fast and good enough, they can use their dodge skill after the projectile is in the air)

It's just that the animation before the stun actually starts flying changed from the projectile appearing "in" sven, to sven extending his glowing hand. Which isn't an actual but only a (positive imo) cosmetic difference.

dota 1 time sven makes it obvious he's gonna stun before the spell starts flying = dota 2 time sven makes it obvious he's gonna stun before the spell starts flying

I cant remember vengeful animations atm (Haven't played her in a while) but I'm pretty sure there's a "I'm gonna stun" animation you can bluff with.

Regarding furion, I'm also pretty sure some roots pop the instant he starts casting teleportation and they grow as they channel.
    It's not like in DotA1. In Dota2, Sven just raises his arm, but there isn't any glow. The glow comes when he launches the glove. In DotA1, it comes when he starts his cast animation.
    Same for Venge.

It's waaaay harder to fake a stun, because you really have too look at their hands to see if they're going to stun.

No, there aren't any instant popping roots on Teleportation, only the slowly growing trees.
    Please, just call me buny.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bu3ny View Post
    It's not like in DotA1. In Dota2, Sven just raises his arm, but there isn't any glow. The glow comes when he launches the glove. In DotA1, it comes when he starts his cast animation.
    Same for Venge.

It's waaaay harder to fake a stun, because you really have too look at their hands to see if they're going to stun.

No, there aren't any instant popping roots on Teleportation, only the slowly growing trees.
    So there's an indication when furion starts teleporting? what's the problem?

In dota 1 heros used the same animations for many things. In dota 2 there's a distinct animation for everything. Given time I think you'll get used to sven's new animation (because it exists). I'm not against making it a bit more obvious though.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kaliteros View Post
    So there's an indication when furion starts teleporting? what's the problem?
    The problem is that there is animation when he STOPS teleporting, which is a opposite of what is in dota 1.

Basic Member
    bump

sven, venge, skeleton king, ogre need more visible animation before the stun is casted

i agree, should be some kind of visible animation like in DotA