View Poll Results: Do u want to be reimplemented/added?

Voters
51. You may not vote on this poll
  • I'd like to change both stun issue and teleport issue too.

15 29.41%
  • I'd like to change stun issue but I don't like teleport issue.

18 35.29%
  • I wouldn't like to change stun issue but I like teleport is

2 3.92%
  • I like it the way it is, no changes pls

16 31.37%
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: [Inconsistency] Spell animation canceling

Basic Member

[Inconsistency] Spell animation canceling

It's more inconsistency, than a bug, but didn't know where to post this topic, so I made it here, feel free to move it where it belongs to.

Players comming from DotA background surely will know what am I talking about.
    I mean especially animation canceling of following skills: magic misile (vengeful spirit), storm hammer (sven), teleportation (nature's prophet).
    There are two different problems occuring.
    The first one is on first two ones (stuns). The core of what I find inconsistent is, that u can't trick by stoping it right before the projectil goes out of your here with seeing the projectil. Venge: she swung with her weapon and at the very end of canceled stun animation the projectil did appear. Sven: his hands just flashed/glinted/lightened or what-so-ever so it looked like the projectil is going out of him and thus it confused the wannabe target.
    The use of this stun canceling rely on possibility of confusing your opponent, that he wastes his tricking skill(eg. eul, phase shift, shadow walk, shukuchi) and has no cd when real stun is casted or just make your target waste some mana.
    I don't have any video showing what I mean, I even can't do my own, but I am sure that you will get what I mean or somebody gonna help me with this if not then this suggestion is unwanted by public thus unnecessary.
    The second issue i about nature's prophet's teleportation animation which is fully cast only if the spell is realy fully cast so you can't fake port properly as you could in dota 1.

I know, that this could ask for some more work and changes on this spells but I want it only to be consistent and to be it the way everybody was used to so we may trick and countertrick again

Disclaimer: did't find any topic about this so if there is one just add this to it or whatever.

Poll: I added poll and so I ask you to vote whenever you want it or not.

Basic Member
    i juke storm hammer and make pucks blow phase shift all the time

Basic Member
    sup for stuns, not sup for furi

Basic Member
    you can also juke es fissure, but it is different from dota one and less effective at least for non brainless puck

The stun animation cancellation is really important for competitive games and I think it's a nice trick to see pros using in a live stream. In addition, it's a feature that makes the game more enjoyable to watch and increase the skill cap, so I agree that this should be implemented as it is in WC3 Dota.

I remember NS abusing the VS stun animation cancellation and making the enemy team always confused and scared when he was around.

Basic Member
    may, some of you guys, who voted completely against, give me some reason why?

Given that this is vaguely mech-related, I'll let it stay in gameplay bugs. Moving to brainstorming though.
    Always read and follow the forum rules. If you need help from a moderator, use the report button ()
    Before posting new bugs:
    -Check the Known Bugs List and search the forum for an existing report.
    -Make sure its a bug (test in WC3 Dota, visit playdota guides and adv. mech, etc). If you're still not sure, post in Mechanics and Gameplay Bug Brainstorming instead.
    -Read the Bug Posting Guidelines on how to report a bug properly.

Basic Member
    I totally agree, that's the only thing I'm missing in Dota 2 right now

//besides mortred, of course <3

Basic Member
    Hm, i thought this was already in the game. Furion teleport cancelling definitely works. I am also pretty sure, i canceled a hook yesterday and my opponent evaded because of the animation. I was a bit confused though, cause i could only tell, because i pressed the keys mayself though, cause the animation was really vague.

Nevertheless, it belongs in the game without any question, for the reasons already stated above.

If it already is, then the castanimations could be a bit more clear.

Gotta make some tests with sven this evening, he had the best effect for that sort of thing in dota 1:
    Make sure to read the Forum Rules as well as the stickied Threads of the Forum Section you are posting in.

Contributions i'd like to highlight:
    My Suggestion: Coaching System
    My Sticky: Intended Changes List
    My Challenge: Completely Fixed Hero Challenge: Skywrath Mage

Basic Member
    for those who do not understand ;-)
    http://youtu.be/BInKXP6uexo?t=1m09s
    you can clearly see the stunning object and yet be able to cancel the spell, you can not manage to do anything like this in dota 2 right now.

furion is just fine imo :-)
    Last edited by ViTo; 03-13-2012 at 09:02 AM.