Thread: [Suggestion] Courier Using Notification

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Basic Member

Lightbulb [Suggestion] Courier Using Notification

It's happened so many times in both DotA and Dota2 . . .

When I used my Courier to trade my item , others people on my team use it after me to trade their Item, and sent my item back to Fountain.

Maybe something in Dota2 to inform like " Player01 is Using Courier to Trade/Back Home/Find SecretShop "

Would be nice, at least it can tell you who is using it after you.

Thank you

Basic Member
    i was just going to create a post about this ,thumbs up!

+1 this is so annoying, especially when you have JUST bought the courier because you need something simple like a tango, or even the item to complete a core build and as soon as some one sees X has bought courier

They steal it and use it for themselves, sometimes even dumping the items on the ground. lol

+1
    I'd love to see an automatic chat message written under the players name (like when bots say, "i'm out", "roaming to gank top", etc...), or a notification on the side stream for deaths/building destructions).

In Use:
    Squinte: The courier is on a delivery. Please stand by for your turn.

Go to Secret Shop:
    Squinte: The courier is on it's way to the secret shop.
    Squinte: The courier is at the Secret Shop, make your purchases quickly.
    Squinte: The courier has left the Secret Shop.
    Squinte: The courier is on a delivery. Please stand by for your turn.
    (These could be good for players to pick up items from the secret shop.)

Finish:
    Squinte: The courier is on it's way back to base. Feel free to use it.
    This ain't ova.

Banned
    The idea is decent but it can lead up to too much spam.
    Plus, things should not be forced, someone using the courier should not lock all other players from giving it commands.

Well, courier lock could definately be an option. As far as i remember, some patches before it wouldn't just listen to commands if delievering. And it seemed fine. You know, people sometimes buy items with quickbuy and then do their quick "select courier, take items from stash, deliver, burst" combo without giving a shit where the courier is because they're busy with denying for example. If this breaks another delvery you have to say in chat "Oh I'm sorry, resume delivery please", if not - you just glance on map, see the courier somewhere not in base and think "Ah, ok, I'll do it later". Yes, of course, courier shouldn't be locked for someone particular, but if you wish to regain control of it - you suppose to give it manual move command, for example. That is my opinion.
    (Both standing hard lines solo, wr and clock)
    Ars-Art: nice dota, mini
    Mini: yeah. how r u?
    Ars-Art: tower is my best friend

Basic Member
    Notification would be nice.
    Also I don't think it's possible to queue orders with shift. It would be nice though to order a "deliver to me" after he's finished delivering items to a different hero.
    Also the DotA courier had a continue last order button, which was nice to have. But I think his "skillset" is already pretty stuffed. Maybe add an option to customize it?

Basic Member
    its a great idea, but cant lock the courrier for the other players, maybe a to-do actions works better

Basic Member
    How about something that only appears to the player who's command was interrupted?