Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Can't force-staff yourself while Magic Immune

  1. #1
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    12,296

    Can't force-staff yourself while Magic Immune

    Edit: Obviously a "bug fix".

    Anyway, since you obviously get verbally harassed for posting bug reports and Mods are looking the other way, I might not post any further bug reports -.-
    wtf.
    Last edited by Typhox; 03-14-2012 at 12:14 AM.

  2. #2
    Basic Member KevinCorporation's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    The Deep
    Posts
    238
    Lol, you of all people I would expect to follow the forum rules.
    There are guidelines to posting bug reports, follow them please.
    Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

    Steam Id: KevinCorporation

  3. #3
    Basic Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    131
    Why should you be able to use magic on yourself if you have magic immunity? Sorry, but that's not a bug, that's how it should be, I don't give a efff how it is in DotA.

  4. #4
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    12,296
    Quote Originally Posted by KevinCorporation View Post
    Lol, you of all people I would expect to follow the forum rules.
    There are guidelines to posting bug reports, follow them please.
    What is this supposed to be?
    You can see from the title what's this about, I expect people to read it at least. It's so simple that any of those "repro" steps are completely redundant and selfexplanatory.

    Quote Originally Posted by ClayMeow View Post
    Why should you be able to use magic on yourself if you have magic immunity?
    Because it was (intentionally) like this in DotA. Else those items have to be rebalanced.

    Quote Originally Posted by ClayMeow View Post
    Sorry, but that's not a bug, that's how it should be, I don't give a efff how it is in DotA.
    You're wrong and if you don't care how it is in DotA, then you're obviously posting into the wrong forums - -
    Besides that then why does Repel not dispell any other stuff such as Overpower? Oh wait, that got fixed already.

    Wtf man?
    Last edited by Typhox; 03-13-2012 at 11:49 PM.

  5. #5
    Basic Member MDuh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Stranded in Canada
    Posts
    605
    nvm that guy, prolly wanting attention to make himself as a volunteer mod or something..

    anyways, I rmmbered reading this type of topic way back before here in forums where you can't use force staff on yourself when repelled by clicking on yourself but double clicking force staff will work
    have you tried double clicking force staff while you're repelled?


    --edit--

    found it
    http://dev.dota2.com/showthread.php?...597#post116597

    and it was an intended fix
    Last edited by MDuh; 03-14-2012 at 12:00 AM.
    I hate people that put their Rig specs in the signature. This is not overclock.net!
    CPU: AMD Trainwrecker AM5+ 12150 hexacontatetra-core 1.65 Thz | RAM: Corsair Revenge 4TB DDR6 (0.24-0.24-0.36) | GPU: Sapphire 9990 128GB GDDR9 Hexa-Fired (0.65/0.95/1.1Thz) | Resolution: @ 20480x12800
    Connection: - Telus: (70MB/10MB)
    All Specs shown in the signature are fictitious, any resemblance to real hardware, current or obsolete, is purely coincidental

  6. #6
    Basic Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    240
    Quote Originally Posted by Typhox View Post
    What is this supposed to be?
    You can see from the title what's this about, I expect people to read it at least. It's so simple that any of those "repro" steps are completely redundant and selfexplanatory.



    Because it was (intentionally) like this in DotA. Else those items have to be rebalanced.



    You're wrong and if you don't care how it is in DotA, then you're obviously posting into the wrong forums - -
    Besides that then why does Repel not dispell any other stuff such as Overpower? Oh wait, that got fixed already.

    Wtf man?
    LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

    Logically double clicking the item to target yourself is the same as targetting yourself with the iteml. Since the function of this is a shortcut with the intended same effect, producing a different effect for a different input is clearly a bug. For consistency and logical value, they should produce the same effect regardless.
    If logic is too hard for you then this explanation is moot.
    Last edited by TDA101; 03-14-2012 at 12:07 AM.

  7. #7
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    12,296
    Quote Originally Posted by TDA101 View Post
    LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

    Logically double clicking the item to target yourself is the same as targetting yourself with the iteml. Since the function of this is a shortcut with the intended same effect, producing a different effect for a different input is clearly a bug. For consistency and logical value, they should produce the same effect regardless.
    If logic is too hard for you then this explanation is moot.
    What is this meant to be? Verbal harassment?

    Anyway, MDuh is right, it seems like it was a bug in DotA even though I think double clicking to cast it is used more often than left clicking it and then left clicking on your hero with it.
    Thanks for linking that thread!

    And sad that there are so many I-Wont-say-this-word's even in this forum who think they are so pro and know everything better and feel superior.

    I think I will refrain from posting bug reports any further -.-

  8. #8
    Basic Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    240
    Is it that hard to derive logically the function of Double Tapping an item as a shortcut for Clicking the item and Targetting yourself?

    If it isn't why is one input allowed to produce an unexpected output? Think of a calculator and how that works.

  9. #9
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    12,296
    Quote Originally Posted by TDA101 View Post
    Is it that hard to derive logically the function of Double Tapping an item as a shortcut for Clicking the item and Targetting yourself?

    If it isn't why is one input allowed to produce an unexpected output? Think of a calculator and how that works.
    I never targetted myself with Forcestaff in DotA, so I couldn't know that it behaves different.

  10. #10
    Volunteer Moderator DLRevan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    2,915
    Quote Originally Posted by TDA101 View Post
    LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

    Logically double clicking the item to target yourself is the same as targetting yourself with the iteml. Since the function of this is a shortcut with the intended same effect, producing a different effect for a different input is clearly a bug. For consistency and logical value, they should produce the same effect regardless.
    If logic is too hard for you then this explanation is moot.
    Even if something does not work consistently does not mean it is a given it should be fixed to be consistent. At the very least, discuss why you think it should be different.

    Do not insult others.

    If you think its not worth discussing, then don't post.

    If you need a moderator's assistance, use the report button or PM one of us.

    Anyway, this was an intended fix. Closing this thread.
    Always read and follow the forum rules. If you need help from a moderator, use the report button ()
    Before posting new bugs:
    -Check the Known Bugs List and search the forum for an existing report.
    -Make sure its a bug (test in WC3 Dota, visit playdota guides and adv. mech, etc). If you're still not sure, post in Mechanics and Gameplay Bug Brainstorming instead.
    -Read the Bug Posting Guidelines on how to report a bug properly.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •