Thread: [Confirmed] Wraith Delay & False Promise causing suicide vs Techies Mines

[Confirmed] Wraith Delay & False Promise causing suicide vs Techies Mines

If a hero dies to Techies' Mines while under the effects of an Allied Wraith King's Aghanims Scepter, the hero will commit suicide.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oX4QXljw8Y8

Can be recreated in cheat lobby, and in game

Last edited by bu3ny; 06-30-2016 at 08:55 AM. Reason: added vid

Basic Member
    intended

Quote Originally Posted by stay View Post
    intended
    While I can't find the original threads, I'm quite sure this hasn't been called intended in the meantime. The issue here is that Wraith Kings Aghs (and Oracles False Promise) delay the death for a very long time but try to credit the damage to the original source. In the case of Techies Mines they no longer exist when this happens, leading to a suicide (also happens if the killing blow was an Illusion that no longer exists). This was definitely called a bug in the past.
    If you think I've closed or deleted a post unjustified, feel free to PM me and I'll explain it to you/discuss it with you further.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kryil- View Post
    While I can't find the original threads, I'm quite sure this hasn't been called intended in the meantime. The issue here is that Wraith Kings Aghs (and Oracles False Promise) delay the death for a very long time but try to credit the damage to the original source. In the case of Techies Mines they no longer exist when this happens, leading to a suicide (also happens if the killing blow was an Illusion that no longer exists). This was definitely called a bug in the past.
    Sorry, I misunderstand it before. nvm.

This bug affects False Promise as well. I think they are the only 2 spells which require a source after a delay. If the source is not present anymore, it results in a suicide.

They could increase the "decay" phase of units by like 10 seconds. As of now, units fully disappear about 8 seconds after death, which is too quick for FP and Wraith Delay. Increasing that to like 18 (or 20) should be enough for now (this workaround fix is not future-proof).

In my opinion, a unit should only fully disappear from the game when it is no longer "required" by anything. For example, if something requires a unit as a source, the unit only disappears once it is no longer required as a source. This is how illusions work currently with Lotus Orb. Several long lasting debuffs or buffs prevent a reflecting illusion from fully disappearing until the debuff no longer requires the illusion as a source, instead of disappearing ~8 seconds after death.
    Please, just call me buny.

Banned

When you kill heroes that are under wraith delay it considered as a deny

1.Pick techies and level up land mines
    2.Pick wraith king as an enemy and buy aghainms for him
    3.bring any enemy hero and let him be under wraith delay effect
    4.use land mines on that enemy hero until its enough for him to die then let them explode and wait 7 seconds

Result:when techies used his mines to an enemy it considered as a deny
    Expected:Techies should get a kill,gold and experience

I notice the bug in 7.05 patch. I was Techies, WK, an enemy. He has agh's. And when he or his allies dies of remote mines/proximity mines, under the effect of WK's Aghs, they are considered denied as the Agh's duration ended.
    Match ID: 3148021161 around 32 min gameplay then persists until end.

Basic Member
    Pls fix this. This is a game-breaking bug!

Because Mines' corpse only exist for 7 seconds.
    It's same for illusions, illusions' corpse exist for 7 sec, if illusions die 7 sec before False Promise ends, the damage don't have source, thus causes deny.