Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Bots refusing to defend tier 3 towers and barracks

Valve Developer
    There's been a significant amount of internal restructuring lately, which is likely to cause changes in tuning or just outright bugs. Descriptions of specific instances where they're doing something wrong, with screenshots and bot debug info if possible, are the most helpful.

As I've posted in this thread, there's a bad bug in defending currently which will cause them to go the wrong location and/or do nothing when they should be defending.

Basic Member
    Will this be fixed in the production/beta version or the test version when you fix it chris? I don't know what the update schedule is like anymore. It though it was a week? Are you still doing that?

Basic Member
    Thank you very much for your responses Chris! It means a lot to know that the developers are reading the forums, and we're not just talking to nobody. To clarify, according to my experiences, the bots not responding to pings seems to go along with your defensive bugs. They will not listen at all to any defensive pings. No matter how many times you try to get them to go back and defend, they just keep pushing. Offensively, on the other hand, they actually listen to me just about every time I ping on an enemy hero to gank them, even if it means that my ally will tower dive to a definite death.

Valve Developer
    The update that happens this week will have a fix for the really bad defense bug. There are quite possibly other issues, but the biggest issue should be better after the update.

It will also include changes to how bots handle push/defend pings, please let me know if it feels better!

Basic Member
    I think bots still have a higher priority in killing an enemy rather than defending their ancient eventhough they have TP scrolls

up above, the bots were hunting down viper from the top lane all the way to the radiant top T1 tower while leaving their base undefended

Then only Sniper manage to TP back to the Ancient and we won by then

Basic Member
    IMHO: A bot should not TP back to defend their ancient either if it isn't in danger (full health and no creeps/enemy nearby) or if think the only way that they can destroy the enemy ancient faster is without a single TP.
    Last edited by ScepticMatt; 03-31-2012 at 04:21 AM.

Basic Member
    These days they defend nothing.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by eck View Post
    These days they defend nothing.
    Seems like they become dumber and dumber with every patch. :/
    Sorry for my bad English.

Basic Member
    I don't necessarily think they're getting dumber, but I just don't understand why they choose not to attack the enemy when the enemy is killing the tower and only choose to initiate after the tower dies.

This certainly doesn't happen when you attack the enemy tower and the bots usually don't stay behind and wait to initiate after the tower dies.

Also, the ping I feel is barely working. It seems to have a weaker human response more than ever.