Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Bots refusing to defend tier 3 towers and barracks

Bots refusing to defend tier 3 towers and barracks

Hello, just had an interesting experience,
    Summary:
    Testing shadow demon vs AI, when we pushed both the top and middle lanes completely to the end with the enemy AI completely refusing to leave fountain or defend, even if they had all 5 heroes alive, with ultimates.
    Reproduction:
    Unsure if this occurs every time, only had time for one game, reproduced easily by pushing against enemy base, check to see if they respond.
    Result:
    Game finished without opposition
    Expected result:
    Enemy team defends towers and ancient

Settings:
    AI: Normal
    Allpick
    Hero chosen: Shadow Demon, played mid.

moved to bots
    Before posting a bug read the Bug posting guidelines first and check the Known Bugs list For existing bugs.

Use the report () button when you need help from a Moderator.

Quote Originally Posted by trena99 View Post
    moved to bots
    Thanks!

Its pretty consistent, bots will often simply ignore anything inside their own base. I have seen bots almost die to creeps inside the base without fighting back or running away. Just stood there idle. They won't defend tier 4s either, even when nearby.

This observation is as recent as the Bane patch. The notes claim its better now but I have not seen any indication of that yet.

Basic Member
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/JeveSto...41394605894047

Yeah, I like how they appear to be different from the previous patch, but this patch they totally ignore the fact they have to defend base. And now they rather take a Tier 1 enemy tower than defend base.

Basic Member
    It is consitent. I've played 5 or so games all ending in under 30 minutes because the enemy team does not defend their barracks if your entire team is there. They will either sit in the well or they will push your T1/2 towers.

They also seem to be quite scared of defending T1/2 towers if your entire team is there as well. Something about the defense tweaks to the AI have made them all run in fear.

Valve Developer
    Yeah there's something seriously wrong there. Will be looking at this before the next update.

Basic Member
    Thanks, I just got slaughtered in a game where kills were even but my bots refused to defend at all!

Some other issues I've noticed

- Am I also wrong that bots no longer respond to player pings?
    - Allied bots just standing at the fountain / Allied bots going back to the fountain with full health and mana (and not for items).
    - I have also seen cases of bots Jungling while the base is destroyed or the rest of the team is trying to put late game.
    - Enemy bots don't push and finish the game. They just disappear. My whole team can be dead and they just run away not destroying my base even though they have health and mana.
    - Enemy Bots just stand in one place on the map and don't move at all. I have seen groups of creeps walking up to them and killing them and they don't move.
    - Enemy Bots don't defend their base against creeps. This sort of goes back to the standing in one place. So they aren't defending, they aren't pushing, They aren't killing rosh, I can't see them, but I win because of my bots refusing to push and If I stay out of their base they won't come back.

Settings:
    AI: Normal
    Allpick

Valve Developer
    There's a really, really bad bug in the defend code causes bots to just stand still rather than move to the correct location that I just found, which will be fixed in the next update. I'm also going to bump their base-defense desire up a bit more by loosening their "can I get there in time to make a difference" test for defending base structures.

Sorry about that.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
    I'm also going to bump their base-defense desire up a bit more by loosening their "can I get there in time to make a difference" test for defending base structures.
    The problem is probably more in the "making a difference"-part than in the "get there in time"-part. Almost getting killed by enemy creeps in your own base hardly means you can't get there in time...