Thread: Treasure Duplicate Bug!

Basic Member

Angry Treasure Duplicate Bug!

I'm pissed. I have been rewarded many Immortal Treasures and although I have not got all the items, it still loads all the heroes so I have received two duplicates although Valve has said it will not be giving duplicates. This makes me want to start a class action suit.

Quote Originally Posted by bu3ny View Post
    You seem to not understand how the system works.

There are 9 items in the treasure. 6 of them are regular, 1 of them is rare, 1 very rare and 1 ultra rare.
    Spoiler: 

Green = Items you can get, red = items you cannot get, blue = rare items, independent from the green/red items

• Windranger bow
    • Undying gauntlet
    • Riki back
    • Morphling hat
    • Lich shoulders
    • Earthshaker bracer

1. Rare: Mirana bow

1. Very rare: Golden Riki back

1. Ultra rare: Invoker set

Inventory: No treasure II immortal

Now, let's unbox 1 treasure and we get the Lich shoulders. Your possible drop list is now

• Windranger bow
    • Undying gauntlet
    • Riki back
    • Morphling hat
    • Lich shoulders
    • Earthshaker bracer

Inventory: 1x Lich shoulders

Now, let's unbox 4 treasures more and we get moprhling hat, earthshaker bracer, undying gauntlet and windranger bow. We did not get lucky and did not get any rares

• Windranger bow
    • Undying gauntlet
    • Riki back
    • Morphling hat
    • Lich shoulders
    • Earthshaker bracer

Inventory: 1x Windranger bow, 1x Undying gauntlet, 1x Morphling hat, 1x Lich shoulders, 1x Earthshaker bracer

So now, only riki back is left. If you open another chest now (a 6th chest), then you will get the riki back 100%. Let's see what happens when we do that: Open treasure 6, get riki back, and our drop list looks like this now

• Windranger bow
    • Undying gauntlet
    • Riki back
    • Morphling hat
    • Lich shoulders
    • Earthshaker bracer

Inventory: 1x Windranger bow, 1x Undying gauntlet, 1x Riki back 1x Morphling hat, 1x Lich shoulders, 1x Earthshaker bracer

All regular items in the drop list are now green again. This means, if you open a 7th treasure, you can get any of the 6 regular items again. So let's open 3 more treasures: Rng gives us windranger bow, morphling hat and lich shoulders. This time we get lucky and also get a mirana bow, the rare drop. The drop list is now

• Windranger bow
    • Undying gauntlet
    • Riki back
    • Morphling hat
    • Lich shoulders
    • Earthshaker bracer

Inventory: 2x Windranger bow, 1x Undying gauntlet, 1x Riki back 2x Morphling hat, 2x Lich shoulders, 1x Earthshaker bracer, 1x rare Mirana bow

See how the mirana bow is still just bloe. It means if you open another treasure, you still have a chance to get it again. But you cannot get the wr, morphling and lich item again until a new cycle, which means until you open at least 3 treasures more and have the cycle restart again.

Getting a rare item with just 9 chests is very lucky. Usually, it takes in avarage like 50-60 treasures to get a rare item and something like 300-400 to get the ultra rare one (these are not official numbers, they are based on my observations). The rare items are entirely chance-based. The regular items are partly chance-based (i.e., which one you get is rng, but you are guaranteed to get all 6 out of 6 treasures. So if you open e.g. 30 treasures, you are guaranteed to get 5x of all the regular immortals).

Some people get extremely lucky and got all 3 rares in 1 treasure. Yes, that's possible, but the chances are microscopically small.
    Please, just call me buny.

Basic Member
    No, I'm not talking about the rare. I didn't get all the regular items, and those are not supposed to be given in duplicates.

Basic Member
    same here , received same items even though i haven received all items.