Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: [Intended] Omniknight's Guardian Angel bug with cleave attack damage

Exclamation [Intended] Omniknight's Guardian Angel bug with cleave attack damage

Summary:
    Cleave attack didn't damage Omniknight's allies under Omniknight's Guardian Angel.

Repro:
    1. Place two or more enemies near.
    2. Cast Omniknight's ultimate.
    3. Hit enemies with cleave attack.

Result:
    All enemies take 0 damage.

Expected:
    Cleaved damage is only reduced by armor type, not by armor value.
    If we hit Omni, he must takes 0 damage, but who stay near must takes % of damage.
    Last edited by blash365; 07-10-2012 at 08:21 AM. Reason: edited title

Basic Member
    The cleave is based on the damage done isn't it? If it does 1 damage, then it'll cleave 35% of 1 which is 0

Cleave is supposed to deal a percentage of your current attack damage in an AoE. It doesn't matter what damage the initial target takes.

added to sticky.
    Before posting a bug read the Bug posting guidelines first and check the Known Bugs list For existing bugs.

Use the report () button when you need help from a Moderator.

Basic Member
    wait.. why is this a bug? Guardian Angel is suppose to grant you physical invulnerability, and i think cleave damage belongs to physical damage.

Cleave damage will only get reduced from armor type (hero, fortified etc) and not hero value ( 999999 - which guardian angel provides).
    So it doesn't matter how much armor you have you will still get damaged from cleave.
    Before posting a bug read the Bug posting guidelines first and check the Known Bugs list For existing bugs.

Basic Member
    i thought the 9999 armor thing was the engine limitation and in dota 2 we have the real "physical invulnerability"
    well, anyway, but i just dont think it matters to much
    EDIT:
    OK. just tested in dota 2, the guardian angel does not give 9999 armor now, so it seems to have different mechnics(the true physical invulnerability like i said above)
    Last edited by Eric37073; 03-15-2012 at 07:57 PM.

I am not sure about this either, lots of things got changed in dota2 which worked in dota1, however I added it in the list so we get dev feedback on this.

Basic Member
    most likely an intended change, in dota 1 omni's ult gave each unit 9999 armor, not in dota 2, in dota 2 it gives physical immunity thus no damage is dealt, so the cleave doesn't happen.

If it gave physical immunity, you wouldn't be able to attack the targets at all. It just reduces physical damage taken to 0 - cleave isn't physical damage.