Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: [Intended] Omniknight's Guardian Angel bug with cleave attack damage

Yeah I was a little sad the other day when playing with Kunkka, lotharing in and making a mighty swing when guardian angel was on, I wanted to see all their life drop .

Basic Member
    "Grants all nearby friendly units near physical invulnerability and increases hit point regeneration greatly.; +1000 Armor, +25 HP Regeneration" (@playdota, and DotA1, which is the actual source for interactions like this).

This is not a case closed at all. They probably want to change the way cleave works in the future (and buff cleave sources a lot), since a physical attacks ignoring armor is meh, but as of now balance changes such as this have to be thought well.
    It doesn't neccesarily mean that it's coded the same way and since cleave is blocked it can't be a simple armour bonus. So it is either: a) Physical invulnerability since the engine allows it to be b) a triggered behaviour to ignore all cleave-based damage
    And I still think it's a)
    PS Why can't we just have someone from Valve programmers confirm it? It would be so nice to actually have access to game data to see how stuff is coded, even if it's a person telling you

Quote Originally Posted by poochop View Post
    Yeah I was a little sad the other day when playing with Kunkka, lotharing in and making a mighty swing when guardian angel was on.
    Yeah, I too

I was tried that said Estaban http://dev.dota2.com/showthread.php?...l=1#post153984
    It works well.

And I'm sorry, I didn't see that in Dota 2 GA gives physical invulnerability. I was thought that GA works the same how in Dota 1, gives 1000 armor, and +25HP/s.
    But the question still unsolved. In Dota 2 GA gives physical invulnerability. But cleave attack isn't physical damage, it's Enhanced damage.
    And the target under effect Ghost Form from Ghost Scepter don't take a damage from cleave attack.

So, I think 1) units under effect of GA must be in Ghost Form,
    or 2) GA must works the same how in Dota 1.
    Or report us that it won't be changed. Waiting for solution.
    Last edited by KiRa; 03-20-2012 at 01:49 PM.

I think this is probably an intended change, as it was probably an engine limitation in DotA, but yeah it sure helps when the devs tell us what is intended or not so we know not to report it as a bug.

This is intended

Basic Member
    ^wow, thank you!