Thread: Quickcast sometimes causes spells to target the wrong units, compared to regular cast

Quickcast sometimes causes spells to target the wrong units, compared to regular cast

Repro:
    1. Pick any hero who has a single-target spell and level the spell
    2. Get Ethereal Blade
    3. Put 2 enemies close to each other, so that one covers the other
    4. Put mouse courser so that it is on both units
    5. Cast Ethereal Blade (just click on where the mouse course is)
    6. Now, cast the single-target spell with regular cast (again, just click where the courser is)
    6. Now as comparison, cast the single-target spell with quickcast (again, just click where the courser is)

Result: The Ethereal Blade gets cast on the unit in front, as expected. When using regular cast, the single-target spell targets the now ethereal unit in fron as expected. However, when using quickcast instead, the single-target spell targets the unit behind the ethereal unit.

Expected: Quickcast should target the ethereal unit, since it is a valid target for spells and is in front of the other unit.

Alternative Repro1: Use the same repro, but replace Ethereal state with invulnerability. And use a single-target spell which can target invulnerable units (e.g. diffusal blade)

Alternative Repro2:
    1. Pick Omniknight and level up Repel or Purification
    2. Move in front of an alled unit
    3. Put mouse courser so that it is on both, on Omniknight and the allied unit behind
    4. Cast Repel or Purification with regular cast (just click where the courser is)
    5. As comparison, cast Repel or Purification with quickcast (just click where the courser is)

Result: Same as before. Regular cast targets properly the unit in front, which is the own hero in this case, while quickcast targets the allied unit behind.

Expected: Same as before, quickcast targets the unit in front, since it is a valid target.

Please, just call me buny.

Basic Member

Quick cast itens and abilities it Ethereal Blade

Sorry my cursor don't show because i'm recording it fraps but you can test just put 4 unites very close to 1 and use ETHEREAL BLADE + a quick cast item or ability and the effect will affect the near by unit not the one that you are clicking
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WV7oiZx9mko

PS: Another thing i USE WASD as my hotkeys in dota 2 and my specific unit shotcut don't save i put q e r quick cast and then i close and open the game and i don't get it i need to change again

I expect some fixes to quickcast those 2 would satisfy me
    Last edited by Previo; 01-07-2017 at 08:55 PM.