Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Getting reported by playing techies

Basic Member

Getting reported by playing techies

So, here is my problem.
    Am I not allowed to player techies all the time?

I have a win rate of techies over 50% in over 100 ranked game, which means I played it as well as other heroes. I have been mainly playing techies for 3 days, and now I got reported to low-priority for 3 game-wins.

For past 50 games maybe, I noticed about my reporting record, normally, every 25 games, I get 11-13 reports in 7-8 games, which means if it is only the game I lost, I got reported, I got like 70% percent of report in games I lose. That is just ridiculous, there are 4 typical guys in techies game. 1. At the start of the, they are yelling, no techies, techies's useless, and spamming this all the game. If we win, they just shut the fxxk up, if we lose, I got reported. 2. These kind of guy, they say nothing during the all game, if we win, it's fine, if we lose, at the end of the game, they say "fucking techies pick, reported". 3. and the third type is the most retarded type, it is the hard carry in those games. I usually could kill three to five people by smoking and planting mines in first five minutes, then started to buying wards and sentries, basically doing a supporting job very well. Making space for our hard carry, then he felt good, nice farming and mid games, then he started to be over extended and feed, then we lost the late game. then here's the funny part,"fucking techies". 4.People trying to teach you how to play techies, if you don't play as what he says, you got reported. Basically that sums up my feeling about playing techies.

Now I have to win 3 low-priority games, Because of those retards. And Hey, I pretty much sure I got reported of the reason " intentionally feeding", which I am 100% not. So In this case, the reporting system is pretty much retarded too.

btw, my ID in d0ta 2 is "Report Techies", it is good right?
    Last edited by asc711; 07-06-2016 at 12:59 AM.

Basic Member
    Unless you have some special recipe for Techies, if you play a broken hero, so don't be surprised people report you. I might report you too, but would wait for the first 10 minutes to see your performance.

Basic Member
    I'd be ok, if you wait the first 10 minutes. But the problem is some people, they don't care. at least I have 10% of the game which I get at least monster kill streak, and hc throws the game, then techies reported. And I am not that kind of techies who disappears on the map all the game, I usually only do that in first 5 or 10 minutes, then I go to take those dangerous lanes, team fight with teammates. I usually build soul ring, arcane boots, then dagger, blink in and suicide opponent's cores after put some mines in team fights. So, I guess you know what I mean.

Basic Member
    Problem is Techies has not an specific role, and has almost null impact in team fights. Most of the games I played with a good Techies lasted for at least 50 minutes, then usually the Techies team lost, and everyone, including me, reported the Techies.

If you really have good intentions, and are not just trolling, you should pick Techies is very specific scenarios like an all-melee enemy team, or if the enemy team picked a weird configuration like no disablers or supports. Also you should make sure you have a solid team with a good solo off-laner, a multipurpose support like WD, an early carry like Jugg or Slark, and a ganker multipurpose mid laner like DP. So if you team picks some crap configuration like mid, Razor, support, silencer, carry, Spectre, and offlaner BH, it already sucks for you to pick Techies.

Basic Member
    just sounds like bunch of craps, dude

Techies is a great hero. In my opinion the most fun to play.
    I recently got Low Priority just for playing Techies. The worst part is that my team usually wins because I deny the enemy hard carry.

People got the wrong idea that Techies is useless because most people don't know how to play it.

The report system is broken, it gives power to people like that pent1um who simply report and blame other players for picking a specific hero they don't like or don't understand.
    I have to say, I am a dang good techies player, with a 22 win streak just on Techies (you can check my records on dotabuff https://www.dotabuff.com/players/89001137/records).
    I don't actually mean to show off, I am just trying to make a point when I say Techies is a good hero, and it is definitely a good pick on most ranked games. Specially if you consider that most players don't know how to counter it.

The developers should definitely rework the report system, right now it gives more power to mean players than punishes them. It is just the opposite to what it is meant to.

7500 Plattekloof South African, Cape Town

Arrow Agree: Report system must change

Quote Originally Posted by MrVegetables View Post
    Techies is a great hero. In my opinion the most fun to play.
    I recently got Low Priority just for playing Techies. The worst part is that my team usually wins because I deny the enemy hard carry.

People got the wrong idea that Techies is useless because most people don't know how to play it.

The report system is broken, it gives power to people like that pent1um who simply report and blame other players for picking a specific hero they don't like or don't understand.
    I have to say, I am a dang good techies player, with a 22 win streak just on Techies (you can check my records on dotabuff https://www.dotabuff.com/players/89001137/records).
    I don't actually mean to show off, I am just trying to make a point when I say Techies is a good hero, and it is definitely a good pick on most ranked games. Specially if you consider that most players don't know how to counter it.

The developers should definitely rework the report system, right now it gives more power to mean players than punishes them. It is just the opposite to what it is meant to.
    The report system should become like the Talent System. We must be able to see all our successful reports, we wrote the text afterall. I want to see what happened with the report to validate that what was mentioned in there was ACTUALLY what happened;

Because; A; 1 report PER WEEK is not enough, when I can play up to 50+ games a week with a full time day job... So it's not much, but with my record of actually reporting for something valid, I want to get report points that counts in a sytem to help further produe good reports; SIMILAR to CSGO Overwatch. Get more of the high up community players to Validate reports, and allow the system of reporters to either be allowed to produce more or less reports based on validity, and relevance.

BTW< I can commend myself at least once after each game wink wink

Now it seems like you cant report the enemies however and thats a good change theyve implemented, except 1 thing. We cant report techies anymore.

Techies is the single most cowardly and most rage inducing hero to play against. He is destroying both the fun for the enemy team and his whole philosophy stands against what the game is all about. He makes the map and the terrain unwalkable, or at the very least walkable in snail pace, if you dont want to get blow up.

He is also an absolutely useless hero if the enemy team survives until late game. Then it is a 4v5 game. In huge team fights in late game- he is just like a creep with extra high health points, that is basically it. So if you dont have a super hard carry like TB or Luna etc., its almost impossible to win in late game with such a garbage hero in the game.

Whoever picks Techies, choses to have fun himself by destroying the fun on playing this game for 5 other players in early-mid game and also destroy the fun of his teammates in very late game, because they will lose most likely.

To cut the story short- while I dont think it is fair when ppl got reported for spamming meta heroes like Slardar, Centaur, Weaver etc., I think every single socially degenerated fkn nerd out there, who picks this particular most cowardly hero in the whole game to ruin the fun of other players, deserves any LPQ punishment they get AND they should get 10 lpq wins instead of 5 on top of that.

Yes its a hero, that is in the game and is allowed to be picked in ranked by the developers, but this hero also is the single hero in the game, whos purpose is to destroy the fun for other players and to be an annoying cowardly trash. Nobody should be surprised if they get reported for playing such a hero, its very simple as that. You want to destroy the fun for others- you get revenged by LPQ reports. Thats exactly what such scum deserves.

Its like the Autosniper was in CS:S and maybe is now, I didnt play CS Go. It was a weapon everyone could pick, but it was the most cowardly and noobiest shit ever, and only real life social degenerate losers would pick this cheap cowardly trash weapon. And when they did, everyone would flame those imeciles, which they deserved too. Same thing here- you want to annoy other ppl, you get lpq reported as revenge, you deserve nothing else.

I would say this is a good example where the automated Report System actually works very well.
    Last edited by WastedPenguinz; 03-11-2017 at 11:21 AM.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by WastedPenguinz View Post
    Now it seems like you cant report the enemies however and thats a good change theyve implemented, except 1 thing. We cant report techies anymore.

Techies is the single most cowardly and most rage inducing hero to play against. He is destroying both the fun for the enemy team and his whole philosophy stands against what the game is all about. He makes the map and the terrain unwalkable, or at the very least walkable in snail pace, if you dont want to get blow up.

He is also an absolutely useless hero if the enemy team survives until late game. Then it is a 4v5 game. In huge team fights in late game- he is just like a creep with extra high health points, that is basically it. So if you dont have a super hard carry like TB or Luna etc., its almost impossible to win in late game with such a garbage hero in the game.

Whoever picks Techies, choses to have fun himself by destroying the fun on playing this game for 5 other players in early-mid game and also destroy the fun of his teammates in very late game, because they will lose most likely.

To cut the story short- while I dont think it is fair when ppl got reported for spamming meta heroes like Slardar, Centaur, Weaver etc., I think every single socially degenerated fkn nerd out there, who picks this particular most cowardly hero in the whole game to ruin the fun of other players, deserves any LPQ punishment they get AND they should get 10 lpq wins instead of 5 on top of that.

Yes its a hero, that is in the game and is allowed to be picked in ranked by the developers, but this hero also is the single hero in the game, whos purpose is to destroy the fun for other players and to be an annoying cowardly trash. Nobody should be surprised if they get reported for playing such a hero, its very simple as that. You want to destroy the fun for others- you get revenged by LPQ reports. Thats exactly what such scum deserves.

Its like the Autosniper was in CS:S and maybe is now, I didnt play CS Go. It was a weapon everyone could pick, but it was the most cowardly and noobiest shit ever, and only real life social degenerate losers would pick this cheap cowardly trash weapon. And when they did, everyone would flame those imeciles, which they deserved too. Same thing here- you want to annoy other ppl, you get lpq reported as revenge, you deserve nothing else.

I would say this is a good example where the automated Report System actually works very well.
    Lame reasoning to support a lame view by butthurt losers and exactly y dis proves Report System is broken lul.
    Quote Originally Posted by todd24
    Hi, my name is toddler. I'm an insecure troll who needs constant pampering with "entertainment" because I'm also a spoiled rich brat who can't stop pestering people till I get what I want. I will also stalk you for the rest of your life if you keep giving me my daily dose of attention since I'm lonely and need friends. I play vs bots and trashtalk others on forums 24/7 . Please send help!

Its not broken, it works good in that regard. I never report anyone for picking a specific hero. Techies however is an exception. This hero should not be in the game in the first place, but because it was already in Dota1 and many casual retards demanded the hero, Valve added it.

Lame trash Techies pickers complaining about getting LPQ shows me that the report system at least is working in 1 specific case and is not completely useless..