Thread: Battle Cup Test

Valve Developer

Battle Cup Test

The inaugural Battle Cup approaches! We’ll be running a technical test today (July 11) in the test client at 3:00PM Pacific. We’ll share more details about how the Battle Cup will work in the main client in a more detailed FAQ later; this announcement covers only what you need to know to participate in the beta test.

To encourage players to participate in the test, tournament champions will be awarded 5 levels per player (25 per team) on their Battle Pass in the main client.

The Battle cup is a single elimination tournament of eight teams. Once a team enters the tournament, its roster is fixed, so please set aside enough time to play up to 3 captain's mode games. Also, you will need a full party of five. Battle Cup matchmaking builds tournaments from compatible teams, but does not assist with team formation. There is an in-game meetup chat channel to help you find teammates.

For this technical test, we will not be taking tickets, eligibility requirements will not be enforced, and players of all skill levels will be assigned to the same tournament tier.

The Battle cup schedule will be organized into 4 divisions based on time zone. Today’s test will not follow the usual schedule, and will only be available in the Americas division, so we can monitor things during our office hours and respond to issues. Your ping to at least one of the eligible server regions (US East, US West, and South America) should be <150ms.

Ordinary matchmaking will be disabled in the test client during the test, although you can make a private lobby to test server connectivity, keybinds, etc.

Depending on how this test goes, we might need to run more than one test. We'll update this post with more information as necessary.

Participation slots in this test will be very limited. Have your team ready to enter the queue right when the registration window opens! Teams that join late will probably not get a slot.

Edit 12:45PST: The test client is now available. Download it!

There are no level requirements and you do not have to own a battle pass for this test. There are no hard region restrictions, just be aware that the only eligible server regions are US West, US East, and Brazil.

wew lads

Basic Member
    It's hard to find other 4 players , so I wonder how many people will try Battle Cup.

As long as the Ping to USE is less than 150 we are allowed to enter? Even europeans?

Now I wish there would be an easy way to import my Dota2 settings into Dota2 test.
    Last edited by The_Zett; 07-11-2016 at 01:36 PM.
    I am usually located at the end of the Alphabet.

Nice, can people who test get rewarded with extra ticket, that would be nice and can atract lots of people for testing.
    Thank you IceFrog, Valve and Dota 2 team for everything you doing for Dota 2 community.

We won! The 5 levels were awarded as a correctly guessed prediction.

It worked pretty flawlessly.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Cronos Dage; 07-11-2016 at 08:25 PM.

Basic Member
    Team registered, find opponents doesnt work, we are left in the lobby, not enough teams to complete a batch of 8 ?

http://i.imgur.com/8XQUu5g.png

Cant update the client. Just stuck on 500mb

Update: 5minutes after - updated. lol
    Last edited by FinaRGoT; 07-11-2016 at 04:11 PM.

Basic Member
    Woo! Won our bracket!

All of the games went off without a hitch, although I'm not sure if teams being able to gg out is supposed to be enabled or disabled.

Quote Originally Posted by Rotnam View Post
    Team registered, find opponents doesnt work, we are left in the lobby, not enough teams to complete a batch of 8 ?

http://i.imgur.com/8XQUu5g.png
    You were too late.