Thread: US W servers despite saying finding match for US east?

Basic Member

US W servers despite saying finding match for US east?

My friends and I entered this from europe and had 180+ ping. I can only assume it gave us US West servers, as we usually get 100-120.

Valve Developer
    Is your party still together? Can you go into the battle cup setup and see exactly what it is showing you? You should be able to see all party members ping times to all regions.

The region selection takes, for each region, the worst ping of any party member to that region. Then it makes some decisions about which regions to select, based on that value. The region with the best value is always selected, and then additional regions may be selected if they are "good enough", with "good enough" meaning, "Not too much worse than the best you can get". But this is based on the entire party.

However, ignoring how automatic region selection works, the display on your screen should always be correct. Also, what did you see on your screen that led you to believe that you were only queuing for USE?

Basic Member
    We're not together anymore. When we pressed find match it showed as finding match for US east only.

Valve Developer
    Thanks for that report, I believe that I understand the problem now.