Thread: Next Battle Cup Beta Test: European division, Wed 18:00GMT

Valve Developer

Next Battle Cup Beta Test: European division, Wed 18:00GMT

We’ll be running a Battle Cup beta test on Wed, 13 Jul, 18:00 GMT in the European division on the test client. We’ll share more details about how the Battle Cup will work in the main client in a more detailed FAQ later; this announcement covers only what you need to know to participate in the beta test.

To encourage players to participate in the test, tournament champions will be awarded 5 levels per player (25 per team) on their Battle Pass in the main client.

The Battle cup is a single elimination tournament of eight teams. Once a team enters the tournament, its roster is fixed, so please set aside enough time to play up to 3 captain's mode games. Also, you will need a full party of five. Battle Cup matchmaking builds tournaments from compatible teams, but does not assist with team formation. There is an in-game meetup chat channel to help you find teammates.

For the beta test, we will not be taking tickets, eligibility requirements will not be enforced, and players of all skill levels will be assigned to the same tournament tier. You do not need to own a battle pass.

The Battle cup schedule will be organized into 4 divisions based on time zone. Wednesday's test will not follow the usual schedule, and will only be available in the European division. Your ping to at least one of the eligible server regions (Europe West, Europe East, and Russia) should be <150ms.

Ordinary matchmaking will be disabled in the test client during the test, although you can make a private lobby to test server connectivity, keybinds, etc.

Participation slots in this test will be very limited! Download and install the test client now, and have your team ready to enter the queue right when the registration window opens! Teams that join late will probably not get a slot.

Thanks to those who participated in the Americas division test today (Monday). Champions should see their additional battle pass levels on their accounts now.

EDIT: A reminder that right now GMT is not the same as UK time.
    London: 19:00
    Stockholm: 20:00
    Frankfurt: 20:00
    Moscow: 21:00

Quote Originally Posted by fletcher View Post
    We’ll be running a Battle Cup beta test on Wed, 13 Jul, 18:00 GMT in the European division on the test client.
    Just 3 questions
    1. What is the "European division"? What I understand is that the Game is looking for you Local Time and that is how your Location is defined?
    2. Time is 18:00 GMT that means currently 19:00 UK time and 20:00 German thanks to Time Saving right? This is really important since a lot of people don't calculate the Daytime saving issue and think that the Current GMT is equal UK time!
    3. Do you need to have created a team with the 5 players to participate or is a 5 man party enough?

Valve Developer
    Quote Originally Posted by digitalblade View Post
    Just 3 questions
    1. What is the "European division"? What I understand is that the Game is looking for you Local Time and that is how your Location is defined?
    2. Time is 18:00 GMT that means currently 19:00 UK time and 20:00 German thanks to Time Saving right? This is really important since a lot of people don't calculate the Daytime saving issue and think that the Current GMT is equal UK time!
    3. Do you need to have created a team with the 5 players to participate or is a 5 man party enough?
    1. The divisions will make a bit more sense when we launch the feature. Basically we just chopped up the world into chunks based on time zone. We will only host Battle cup games on the larger server regions, though, to avoid problems with a fragmented player base. When we launch the battle cup for real, each division will have a tournament during the evening for that time zone. We expect players will probably play on the division that best matches where they live.

2. Correct, GMT. 19:00 London. If you launch the test client, there is a display that hopefully makes it really clear.

3. You don't need an official team, but you do need a full party of 5. You will create a "pick-up" team, selecting a team name and logo, but you don't need anything in advance.

Basic Member
    You can queue for ordinary mm, though not sure if it will find a game or no.

hi dear fletcher, I posted my problem too many times, and no one answered me, I completed whole paths fully 3 stars but didn't receive my 600 Trophy points, my ID:121980785, please help me.
    1.png2.png3.png20160715122413_1.jpg20160715123611_1.jpg

Basic Member
    We Won the game on grand final and our opponent say GG and their tree of life destroyed as well...when we won...sea server Down and we got connecting to dota 2 coordinator...but after the server get well...we didnt won the battle cup we get ranked 2...
    what is happening here ? i dont get it..we won and they say gg and their tree of life destroyed as well..but we ranked 2 ? they got the prize? please check again on the game please...T_T

Here is the id match :2508030895

Basic Member
    why are you not fixing our concern, this makes no sense, since your not even aware of the problem cause by the server during the battle cup, so many complaints are being posted and not even a single response from you been made. I hope you will make an effort to correct this, or your just only here to suck money out of players like us who patronized the game. And if you are, I' say fuck you.

BATTLE CUP SERVERS DOWN

Quote Originally Posted by murkymash View Post
    why are you not fixing our concern, this makes no sense, since your not even aware of the problem cause by the server during the battle cup, so many complaints are being posted and not even a single response from you been made. I hope you will make an effort to correct this, or your just only here to suck money out of players like us who patronized the game. And if you are, I' say fuck you.
    HI FLETCHER HELP US PLEASE HELP US ARE YOU GOING TO GIVE THE REWARDS OR JUST TICKETS CAUSE THE ENEMY GOT IT AND IF WE ALSO GOT THE REWARD THAT MUST BE TROUBLE FOR DOTA 2 BUT U CANT IGNORE US NO REPLIES YET SEEN NO RESPONSE YET MANY PEOPLE ARE TOO OFFENDED OF WHAT HAPPEN WE WON AND WE LOST BECAUSE OF THE SERVER WAITING FOR 45 MINUTES AND WE DISCONNECTED IT WE LOST.... THATS HOW IT WORK

Basic Member
    hello admin i post my request too about battle cup we won the grand finals but our team gets 2nd place
    MY ID NUMBER : 196260211
    TOURNAMENT ID : 4101
    TEAM NAME : Labo N Friend's
    http://imgur.com/a/ItFLm