Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Skill Level

Quote Originally Posted by Typhox View Post
    How do you win games with intentional feeders/griefers?
    Pick a a good ganking hero, go mid, gank successfuly 2-3 times by 10 minutes and watch other team QQ and lose.

Easily done if you are supposed to be higher than your current skill level.

Basic Member
    And what happens when there is equally good or better mid player against you? First of all he will try to controll runes, if no wards he will try to guess and atleast gets part of em. He will call MIA and probably direction where he went and more like by looking at map he will see which lane is about to ganked by observing their position. And if his team has any intelligence they will dodge the gank. Im not saying you shouldnt go mid but ganking just sometimes doesnt work and there is nothing you can do about it.

Although I agree that taking big role hero and lane when you are the best player in team is required if you want to raise your rating fast. And for Typhox you dont need to win those games where you have retards or griefers in your team. You just want to win the even games. Or majority of them.
    Last edited by deityh; 03-17-2012 at 11:32 AM.

Basic Member
    Well, if you get outmatched in mid, you definitely are in the wrong skill level.
    Make sure to read the Forum Rules as well as the stickied Threads of the Forum Section you are posting in.

Contributions i'd like to highlight:
    My Suggestion: Coaching System
    My Sticky: Intended Changes List
    My Challenge: Completely Fixed Hero Challenge: Skywrath Mage

Basic Member
    Well it depends how much you get outmatched but yes i agree.

I find out today that my games are high lvl games so i just decided to guess this thing don't work (i'm 45/37 and some players here suck really hard, and i'm not that good myself).

I dont think the lvl is shown properly by filtering....if i take it's "word" for true I played on the same day a low match and a high one(yesterday)
    and i have a win/loss rate >0.65
    :-??

Quote Originally Posted by SAK_ATAK View Post
    (*cough* 55 minute nothing but sny spectre from last night *cough*).
    Lul I was against you in that game...He won the game for us =D

Quote Originally Posted by Martin Andrei View Post
    I dont think the lvl is shown properly by filtering....if i take it's "word" for true I played on the same day a low match and a high one(yesterday)
    and i have a win/loss rate >0.65
    :-??
    It means the server tried to put you to a high skill level game to pull down your win rate, which you most likely lost.

However, the server puts you to a low skill level game because you belong there.

doubt it since i have a high win rate(0.65 means i won 65%+ of my games)..also i do on occasions play with known players...so idk why i have ~10 games on low(recent!!)..I mean i can understand the normal ones(might have had a lose streak or sm)

Quote Originally Posted by Martin Andrei View Post
    doubt it since i have a high win rate(0.65 means i won 65%+ of my games)..also i do on occasions play with known players...so idk why i have ~10 games on low(recent!!)..I mean i can understand the normal ones(might have had a lose streak or sm)
    Do you understand what is effective matchmaking?

If matchmaking is broken, you will have people with 30% or 70% win rate etc.

If matchmaking is working as it is supposed to be, most people will be around 45% to 55%. The truly good ones are 55-65%.
    Therefore 3 things can happen, either you are new and played comparatively little games, or you are exceptionally good or you always play at a time slot where all the noobs are online.

Matchmaking has been near perfect so far. My own experience with it is that I started out in LOW skill games and I had like 70% win rate for the first month. After that, my games got harder and harder and now, Im never paired with any LOW or MED games, Im always in HIGH. I meet zero feeders/spoilers each game, although there is still the occasional disconnect or lousy skill/slow reaction gamer once every 5 games.

Quote Originally Posted by d.phoenixxx View Post
    Do you understand what is effective matchmaking?

If matchmaking is broken, you will have people with 30% or 70% win rate etc.

If matchmaking is working as it is supposed to be, most people will be around 45% to 55%. The truly good ones are 55-65%.
    Therefore 3 things can happen, either you are new and played comparatively little games, or you are exceptionally good or you always play at a time slot where all the noobs are online.

Matchmaking has been near perfect so far. My own experience with it is that I started out in LOW skill games and I had like 70% win rate for the first month. After that, my games got harder and harder and now, Im never paired with any LOW or MED games, Im always in HIGH. I meet zero feeders/spoilers each game, although there is still the occasional disconnect or lousy skill/slow reaction gamer once every 5 games.
    Thank you capt obv about your iluminating explanation about sm i did not ask to be explained.
    My question/issues is the validity of the game lvl filter as per my first post.
    Now,about my win/loss(since this is obviously what you dont believe,my net has bad days sometimes->i get low pool for one day(free 2-5 wins)) now i have aprox 350 games and 17 abandons(all net coused)->17*4(i made a mean out of nr of games) =68(let us say 50).This puts me little above my skill prob.(i started in high and stayed there,but with the filter says i also played in low also (recently)etc..)I wonder if being in low drops a little of your rating(if so kudos valve)
    Now can we go back to the topic?